Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SadBag
Jun 24, 2012

Something has gone very wrong for us to get to the point where Hot Dog is the admiral.
Gonna try doing part of the Transamerican Trail (Yorktown VA to the Mississippi River ~1000 miles?) and was wondering

If I have historically done 60 miles a day on dirt and gravel on the GAP and C&O canal, would 80 miles a day on road be reasonable?
According to OP, I shouldn't do Warmshowers, is there a better solution other than hotel? Doing hotel only doesn't kill trip, but would like to save on cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadBag
Jun 24, 2012

Something has gone very wrong for us to get to the point where Hot Dog is the admiral.
I was biking on the Blue Ridge Parkway + some extra in VA to the West yesterday. I realized that my wallet had either fallen out of the container that I had been keeping it in, or someone had grabbed it (CC wasn't used before I canceled so maybe not?) in the 50 miles after I had last used it. Didn't see it today when I went back the way I came. Killed the trip I was taking on 76, canceled the Credit/ATM card, and am getting a new drivers license tomorrow.

Should I have faith in my fellow man/bikers/hikers? Any of you guys ever get something like that mailed back to you?