Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitDestiny
Sep 25, 2004
I did a thing.

Completed all 2700 miles of the Tour Divide in ~22 days through some pretty gnarly peanut butter mud, head winds, heat, and storms. Proud to have completed on my first attempt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitDestiny
Sep 25, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

Nice, I'd like to do that some day! (but much slower) Took me 20 days to do the GB Divide which is only 1,200 miles.

I'm also interested in the European Divide Trail, which is like 4k miles, but budget is the biggest limiting factor for me. Just don't have the funds to go riding for 3 months.

Yeah, I was kind of in between jobs so I just went for it. Didn't exactly have the training I wanted ahead of time but I was able to ramp up the efforts as I went which concluded with 3 efforts of a full 24 hour pushes on the bike (~20ish hours of moving time). Part of that was also just trying to avoid the heat!

SplitDestiny
Sep 25, 2004

Aphex- posted:

Oh man that is so awesome, congrats! The GDMBR (not the Tour Divide race) is on my bucket list for sure.

The GDMBR is absolutely gorgeous and I absolutely want to come back to simply tour it. There are a lot of fantastic people and lodges you can stay at and enjoy when not racing. I definitely wouldn't recommend the Tour Divide deviations unless you really want to race as they just seem to be there to make the route harder and throw in more hike a bike.