Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Touring is the best. Here's my bike last summer early on, I was carrying way too much poo poo at the start. We passed a hunting weight station like 2 weeks in and it was ~95 lbs. I ditched 15-20 lbs of poo poo i think before we flew to Europe for the rest of it.

Feel free to add it to the OP if you want. Also if Keen ever makes those Commuter Sandals again I'm buying a pair right away.

e: Here's a shot of our camp coming down the PCH at the start of the pandemic, got rained on a bit that day and then the ranger showed up and told up all the state parks were closing. Had to do motels the next 3 nights even though the weather ended up being perfect the rest of the trip.

FireTora fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Nifty idea, but those are drat pricey. I'm using some 2mm solder on banana plugs that CopperHound had. Super easy connection, and they're not much bigger than the wire after they're heatshrinked. Sets of 20 of them only run 3-4 bucks from china.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

I can't wait to tour again. Last one was 2 weeks down the coast from Portland to SF in March '20. We were ~2/3rds of the way when CA did all the covid lockdowns and all the campsites we were gonna stay at closed, and the last 2 hotels we stayed at closed the day after we left them.

Starting one in ~2 weeks finally :dogcited:. Doing about a month tour biking the coast of Denmark. Just finishing getting all my poo poo organized but super excited to tour again.

Here's the rough route, I'm still planning out the days, but gonna be ~100-120km days mostly.

FireTora fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 19, 2022