Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.
I love bike touring!!! 2012-present:

First time 2 day bike touring LOL:

Got a proper touring bike:

Still working on the right setup:

Bikes + Trains are the best!

Touring with your friends is also the BEST!

Fav set up ever!

After pussyfooting around doing 2-4 day tours on the CA coast I got a new bike and toured from Vancouver to Los Angeles:

Any bike is a touring bike! Get out there!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

DR AIDS posted:

These photos are awesome. I'm planning to do Seattle to San Diego via highway 101 in 2021 and I'm nervous as hell, as I've never done anything longer than a few days. From what I've seen the route looks cool though.

I did it Oct 2019 and it was one of the best times of my life. I look back on those days rn and wish I was back on the road.

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

The Real Amethyst posted:

Ireland, and drat I forgot that pandemic is causing supply problems for practically every outdoors thing.

I just picked up my new Velocity wheels from the LBS. Ordered in July.

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Any recs for spots to tour late Feb thru til the end of March? I'm leaving my job at the end of Feb and have to be back in California at the end of March so I'm looking for a 4-5 week tour somewhere around the globe. I have a lot of points saved up so the possibilities are endless but I don't really know where to go.

Obviously Covid makes international travel difficult but the thing I'm most concerned with is what to do with my bike travel bag while I'm touring.

I'm leaning towards Europe: Southern Italy to Barcelona, starting where the weather will be presumably tolerable and will get better as time goes on.

I would like to travel internationally but I could do the East Coast USA: Miami to NYC, the weather will still be trash I think though.

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

bamhand posted:

If you want to spend $$$$ I had a great experience with Trek Travel in Tuscany for our honeymoon. They take care of all the logistics and provide you with a Domane 7 to ride.

Too rich for my blood after getting fired. :) gotta figure out everything on my own.

Travel restrictions are constantly changing which makes it difficult to plan around. I would rather go to the Southern Hemisphere but Australia and NZ are closed to US citizens and I'm questionable about solo touring in South America or South Africa, which points me to EU as I should be able to get in and there is good infrastructure.

I'm thinking I could get an Airbnb at whatever my destination is and negotiate with the host to DHL my empty bike bag from my arrival spot to the destination. I went to Albania last summer with my bike and it was sick but it did get damaged in transit and I'm too scarred to my dream bike via cardboard box this time around.

Casual Yogurt fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 25, 2022