Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

bicievino posted:

I have a pair of Deda's that included the riser kit. Not sure it was this exact model, but if not something similar https://www.bike24.com/p2248288.htm...oken=anonymized

In my experience, though, it's very rare to need risers for clip-ons on a road bike. The pads already add stack over your handlebar tops. I'm struggling to see a situation where you'd have the drops at a reasonable depth, and then also want risers up above the height they would naturally be at. I guess if you're trying to get a super-relaxed touring position on a slammed stem?

I mean, if you look at any bike for RAAM, you'll see risers for aero bars for their road bikes.

My 600k setup from last week. I'm more using the aero bars for comfort than true aero though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
The 1040 solar will last ages. I’m definitely sure it’ll last me for a 1200k (about 3.5 days constantly running). I’m really happy with the purchase.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
There are some lights that have integrated usb-chargers built into them. The system then becomes Dynamo -> Light -> USB -> Battery. Directly charging from the usb-port is usually an exercise in failure.

A good list of these:

https://www.cyclingabout.com/list-of-hub-dynamo-power-supplies-for-usb-devices/

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
While I've never toured persay dynamo lights are also great for the daytime running lights for safety.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal

kimbo305 posted:

Some kid decided to do the circumnavigation of Taiwan tour without any prior cycling or touring experience. Doing pretty well, all told
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1a_38MpSpd/?igsh=MXJqZ3FycmZyNHBsOQ==

Must be nice to be so young and do things without training. I’ve been thinking about doing this ride next time I go to Taiwan. Weather in December would be perfect. (Goal to finish in 3 days :V)

Shadowhand00 fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 8, 2024