Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I'd be trying:
- hail mary with vice grips on the remaining bit sticking out
- drilling the whole thing out and using as low profile as possible a bolt/nut combo in place of the threaded hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Date
Apr 4, 2009

vikingstrike posted:

Use the BCD at the bottom. 120/90. Then just buy whatever size rings you want (52/36 etc)

Thanks, do the bolts come with the chainrings, or is that something I have to order separately?

I'm guessing that spider is stuffed because of the missing bolt, do I just need to find a BB30 compatible spider?

Sticky Date fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 23, 2024

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

You might be able to use a dremel tool or a hacksaw to put a slot into the nub and use a screwdriver on it.

Edit: Responded to the wrong OP.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sticky Date posted:

Thanks, do the bolts come with the chainrings, or is that something I have to order separately?

I'm guessing that spider is stuffed because of the missing bolt, do I just need to find a BB30 compatible spider?

Might want to check but generally I don’t think bolts come with. You may be able to reuse what you have though. Bottom bracket doesn’t have anything to do with rings. Bottom bracket is related to the crank itself fitting on your frame. The BCD tell you the bolt order and spacing needing to fit rings to the crank.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
The spider is specific to those cannondale cranks. Chainrings bolts are usually pretty generic so you probably don't need anything specific for those rings. Kind of a weird bolt pattern for road rings though so if you can't find some another option would be to get direct mount cannondale chainrings that don't use a separate spider but those cost more.

https://www.cannondale.com/en-us/gear/components/cranks-and-chainrings/chainrings/hollowgram-spidering-8-arm

a cannondale 5x110 spider plus regular 5x110 rings would be another option

you need a special tool to remove the crank arms from the spindle that goes through the bottom bracket as well as one to remove and install the spider. Although I think the spider lockring tool is some sort of a more generic BB tool. And the crank arm tool is basically just two threaded plugs that create an extractor.

jamal fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 30, 2024

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

the Rival 22 front brake has a lot more clearance than the old 10 speed unit! no more rubbing with 28mm tires.

really glad I didnt' have to swap out the entire fork. now i just need to replace the front tire after some dipshit tweaker tried to slash the sidewall in anger because he couldn't get the locking skewer off

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Bianchi and you're running SRAM instead of Campagnolo? I thought you made good money man.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Coxswain Balls posted:

Bianchi and you're running SRAM instead of Campagnolo? I thought you made good money man.
a different tweaker stripped the Veloce groupset off my Colnago Master frame, so I gave up on that. thankfully I have a real garage now instead of a communal bike rack. i also live in the #1 city on earth for bike theft now, so lol. i have been in a constant state of getting Owned for the last 5-6 years.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I found out recently that they're starting to make cool locks with ceramic coatings that melt power tools, but unfortunately that doesn't help with stripping parts or just cutting whatever you're locked to.

My current ride is my friend's stolen bike from when his garage was broken into, and over the next 2-3 years every time he'd see it in the wild the police wouldn't do poo poo. The very last time we found it and the police said they wouldn't do anything again he called me up and we followed the dude home. Turned out to be in the richest part of town and was a methed up failson of the most disappointed lawyer dad when we confirmed it was stolen.

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
yeah the only time i've had a lock cut is when my old apartment building wanted to take out a bike rack and just decided to cut off all the locks, throw away the bikes, and lie about it. :getin:

every other time, it's been a tweaker with a set of allen keys. bike theft in denver got bad right around the time everyone's rent went up by 50% in 2015, and only got worse.

when we moved into our new place, I got a few of those kryptonite floor anchors and chains, then rented a hammer drill to sink them into the foundation. our best anti-theft device, however, is our downstairs neighbor's ebike that is just sitting unlocked in the garage waiting to get disappeared.

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 1, 2024