Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sticky Date
Apr 4, 2009

Samopsa posted:

Just blasting away with a floorpump with the tire in the right position, good tape, enough sealant, and some soapy water on all edges works for me.

It doubles as an amazing warming-up too.

I do this with no sealant first, soapy water spray if it doesn't seat when dry, then put the sealant in via the valve with the core removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Date
Apr 4, 2009
I've got a problem with my current front chainrings:

You can see on the right that the fixing for the small chainring is missing. The top fixing has had to be repaired previously. There is a significant warp of the chainring now, not sure how long it has been like this.

They've got a bit of wear so I'll think I'll just replace, but I'm getting a bit lost on what to replace with. I was thinking about going with the Hollowgram Spidering but not sure it would work with my cranks? I'm also getting lost looking for options from FSA and Praxis for the 4 arm spider currently on there. Assume if I do find something from praxis or FSA I need to buy new bolts as well?

Bike is a Cannondale Supersix.

Sticky Date
Apr 4, 2009
Can anyone comment on the wear on these two sets of chainrings for sale? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/454219326800279/?mibextid=dXMIcH
Looks pretty ok to me, particularly the 52, but would be great to get a second opinion.

Sticky Date
Apr 4, 2009
Yeah thanks he sent me some more photos, 50 looks done, but 52 seems pretty good? I dunno now, price with the cranks is still pretty good...but I don't need new cranks...

Sticky Date
Apr 4, 2009
Can anyone help me out with search terms to replace the below chainrings and the bolts that hold them together? I'm ok with 52/36, but not sure on mounts

You can see where I've had to replace one already, and now missing another. Does that mean the 'spider' is threaded and now stuffed too?

BB30 if it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Date
Apr 4, 2009

vikingstrike posted:

Use the BCD at the bottom. 120/90. Then just buy whatever size rings you want (52/36 etc)

Thanks, do the bolts come with the chainrings, or is that something I have to order separately?

I'm guessing that spider is stuffed because of the missing bolt, do I just need to find a BB30 compatible spider?

Sticky Date fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 23, 2024