Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What's the derailleur hanger used on the Journeyman? Mine got bent after a clipless related fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

EvilJoven posted:

Wheels #25. Go buy 2. Trust me.

Done.

Quick question though, grease the threads or no when I change it out?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I don't think hangers are supposed to look like that (front of bike perspective).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You know what's great? Finding a broken spoke while lubing your chain up. :ughh:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Name a single better time to find one.

Immediately after it breaks

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Salt Fish posted:

I have buttitis.

Mods?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have new tubeless tires (Gravelking SS+), but no compressor (however I can access one near my work). I'll be using orange seal. What's the instructions here, and can I do it with just the floor pump?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Good news: new tires installed. Bad news: needed tubes, which are still in there.

Apparently WTB road rims suck so hard that the local shop won't set them up tubeless anymore.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SimonSays posted:

Oooh, road tubeless. There's your problem.

Yup, ah well. The bead was still setting as I went home from the co-op

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clark Nova posted:

You can try it. Seat the tire with an innertube, unseat the bead on one side and take the tube out, put the valve in, then pump as hard as you can to try to reseat the bead. Take the valve core out and put sealant in through the valve once the tire is seated successfully

e: actually, taking the valve core out before you pump can get you more airflow

So thinking about this more, I'm gonna give this a try next weekend now that they're seated, for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Had to donate a piece of bacon to a fellow rider today. That's always fun!