Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Opened up my wobbly Aksium hub to find that the bushing was shot and one of the two pawls was missing the entire spring. No clue where it went. Ended up buying a new freehub and pawl & spring kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Make sure you're putting some weight on the bike with your body when you loosen and tighten the QR to reseat it.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Development posted:

corsas flat really easily. get some GP5ks
are the 5k sidewalls better than the 4k where they were made out of paper?

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

I keep seeing people say this and I was super worried when my GP4k II's got some wear and minor gouges, but I've yet to ever see any negative effects hundreds of miles later and it has me wondering if the concerns about GP4Ks are true in the land of "My anecdote vs your anecdote."

It's likely different for everybody but I don't do super high mileage riding nor do I go through debris fields with any regularity and I've managed to either de-thread or cut every single 4KII sidewall I've put on my bikes.

They ride fast and smooth but I've actually had better luck with my Corsas on dirtier roads so far.

Big-time ymmv I guess.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

ExecuDork posted:

Also, could somebody please post or link to a good diagram of bike parts with names? I'm having a hell of time figuring out what to call the various parts. Like "front cassette" - that's not its actual name, is it?

Terminology may be different where you live so ymmv.

Here's the real diagram though.

BeastPussy fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 9, 2020

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
I'm not quite as local to you as kimbo (I'm just below the NH border) but I have a Wheels Mfg BB press you can borrow if you need it.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
I've never been happier than the day I replaced a suspect carbon post and got this one because the clamp and angle adjustment is separate and so easy to do.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Voodoofly posted:

You all know a lot. Any advice on where I can learn some basic maintenance info and advice on a scooter (push kind no motor). This one in specific. My son is really getting into it and hitting a local pump track every day. He is super young so nothing crazy yet but I’d like to keep it running smooth for him as he isn’t going to be the most gentile rider in the world.

For what it’s worth I have very basic skateboard knowledge but zero experience with scooters.

Looks like a bmx-style head tube & headset and wheels with push-in sealed bearings (like skateboard wheels). Shouldn't be too tough to do anything to.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Speaking as a person who works on cars for a living, crossthreading usually feels a bit harder than "a touch difficult". Not saying it's not possible, but you usually have to put some good force into it. Hopefully you just had some poo poo on the threads of the crank arm.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
I like the Pedros Oranj Peelz citrus degreaser but there are probably cheaper options out there.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Torx rules, nerds.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Same thing happens with cars, sometimes you just have to keep it on the road until you can do it right. It's reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Jestery posted:

Well

My old bar tape was disintegrating, I nearly got hit by a car and I had rope

It fits the aesthetic

I support this.