Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Has anyone used a rivnut to replace a water bottle mounting nut in a carbon frame? I watched a few people do it on youtube, but I have a feeling if something went wrong it could be bad.

Currently the nut is just missing and there is little or no damage to the carbon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

That is the jagged metal krusty-o of rim tape. Ditch it.

rim tape has been loving me as of late, even the trusty velox, my latest attempt is running a double round of dt swiss

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
You will never realize how disgusting your 'clean' chain really is until you get ultrasonic cleaner.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I'm building my fist road bike with disc brakes and the last thing I have not ordered are rotors.

Any opinions on 140 vs 160?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I've about got everything for a budget build I've been working on.

I got a deal on the older 11 speed R8070 components. Still need battery, junction box and shifter cables.

Can I use the newer di2 battery and junction box for this?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Thanks it's still confusing though. It sounds like they changed the cables and you can maybe make it work with adapters...

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

OK my dumb rear end finally figured out how to read the compatibility matrix. I need BT-DN110 battery, EW-RS910 junction, SD50 cables. Building bikes used to be a little simpler.

Clark Nova posted:

Looks good. What kind of handlebars are those?

Deda alanera

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I'm connecting up some new hydraulic brakes on a road bike, should I be connecting into these couplers or just run the line directly into the shifter?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Can you plug the new shimano 12 speed derailleurs directly to a pc or do you need some type of box in between?

edit. to answer my own question, you need to buy a PC interface box

Withnail fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jan 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
It's loving ridiculous. I'm literally password locked out of my rear derailleur right now.