Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

amenenema posted:

The Force22 on that is sweet. Also the rest of it is sweet. And are you like 6'6"?

Thanks! Yeah the Force22 goes really well with the frame and is very nice to use too.

I'm more like 6'3" with long arms and legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Project M.A.M.I.L. posted:

Thanks! Yeah the Force22 goes really well with the frame and is very nice to use too.

I'm more like 6'3" with long arms and legs.

I also put F22 on an older bike, but not as old as yours...

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

amenenema posted:

I also put F22 on an older bike, but not as old as yours...

Oh that's a sweet bike! Those older Cannondales have such classic lines.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Project M.A.M.I.L. posted:

Oh that's a sweet bike! Those older Cannondales have such classic lines.

Awww, thanks. I love a horizontal top tube ;D

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
New fatty fat fat bike (Salsa Heyday) just in time to enjoy the miserable snow conditions we're having this year.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hell yeah fat bike buddy

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Based on the photos I'm picturing you both living on opposite sides of the same mountain range.

Makes me want to ride my fat bike even though we have no snow.

Feawen
May 12, 2023

Made it out it Island in the Sky trail a few weeks ago, before all this dumb snow started in Colorado :( Such a fun trail. Probably my favorite kind of environment. Was such a great time.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

That looks great. Adding Island in the Sky to my todo list.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
i rode home from work last night in heavy rain. im pretty risk-averse after a big crash last month, and I havent ridden in the rain in years, so I took it very slow. But it was an awesome ride nonetheless, especially through the city with all the christmas lights and whathaveyou. Felt very c y b e r

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The best selling bike in NZ circa 1993. I'm addicted to chromoly bikes, I'm a chromosexual now.

Mostly second hand parts I've hoarded, just need to sort out some not-poo poo pedals and maybe a seat if I can be bothered.

Does anyone know what this bizarre variable (seemingly reducing?) leverage system on the levers is:

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Slavvy posted:

Does anyone know what this bizarre variable (seemingly reducing?) leverage system on the levers is:

Depending on the lever sometimes it allows you to switch between long or short pull and other times it was to allow some adjustment in the pull ratio for fine tuning. Avid had a similar idea that used a little thumb wheel on the front of the lever.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I had some shimano levers that used that kind of thing to adjust how strong the "servo wave" action was.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There's a few Tektro levers like that, it depends on having good calipers and a true wheel to realize any benefit.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

last ride of the year. here's to a big '24

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

First ride of the year on those idiotic thing I put together

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
New bike day. Got it in my head that I wanted something just for aesthetics

The guy selling it also had a really nice steel Norco from the 80s that I was very torn over. Its frame was definitely nicer than the Cannondale but the Cannondale was way closer to original parts.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

leftist heap posted:

New bike day. Got it in my head that I wanted something just for aesthetics

The guy selling it also had a really nice steel Norco from the 80s that I was very torn over. Its frame was definitely nicer than the Cannondale but the Cannondale was way closer to original parts.

Sweet bike! I've been looking over the bikes for sale in Facebook Marketplace myself, trying to scope out an old-school road bike to tinker with. I have no delusions about how the ride quality will be, even after the worn-out components are replaced or refurbished. I just want a cool looking bike like that.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
:swoon:

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
The Brompton has been WAY more fun than I thought it would be. I know i've now entered the old man, pony-tail, Birkenstock's with sandals era of my life by owning one, but it's been a lot of fun. I threw a dynamo and some lights on it and have been doing all my riding on it the last few months. I've toyed with putting a rear rack on it, but from what i've read from other folks its actually kind of hard to carry stuff on it without your feet hitting things. I think i'm gonna leave it like this for a while. Next step is flying with it. Trying to decide to just try and gate check it, get a hard suitcase for it, or just use an Ikea Dimpa bag with some padding and hope for the best.

Awesome bike and a great photo. Single speed, drop bars, and is that a dynamo hub up front?

frogbs fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 9, 2024

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

frogbs posted:

Awesome bike and a great photo. Single speed, drop bars, and is that a dynamo hub up front?

Thanks and yep, all on 29x2.6 tires too. Tons of fun.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

it's that day we all know and love, new bike day

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Sphyre posted:

:hf:

Awesome paint right there, enjoy!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sphyre posted:

drat.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Sphyre posted:

Fully sick!!

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sphyre posted:

I must know what tires those are.

And hell yeah nice ride

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Thanks folks. The tyres are the stock Cadex ARs which I think are a rebranded maxxis

Development
Jun 2, 2016

onigiri reflector from blue lug :allears:

framebag by firetora :shittydog:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

How's that rear fender working for you?

Development
Jun 2, 2016

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

How's that rear fender working for you?

pretty good! rear end is always dry. its the rear end savers wing wing 2 for gravel (can accomodate wide tires). I don't have eyelets on the frame for fenders, so this is a nice compromise.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

I am personally not into either camo patterns or blaze orange in general, but this bike is turning me around on them, it looks great. Also 10/10 photo to showcase it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's a real dream. Almost 5 years in with it and love it more than ever.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Bottom Liner posted:

Another beautiful photo! What body/lens are you using?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Canon R6 and RF 50mm 1.2

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Sometimes I feel like there's too much poo poo on this bike

but the fenders are really nice in the winter/spring when the roads are wet and grimey. And I need lights because it gets dark. And the frame bag keeps snacks and gloves and tools and stuff.

That was yesterday, now it's 7f and snowing.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

Still a looker. What's that headlight?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

New tires on the commuter bike. Tossed 32c tubeless N.EXT on the old non-tubeless H PLUS SON rims. Seems fine. Rode it around a bit and didn't die.

Super comfortable.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Post more of the dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I have some 34 n.exts that I didn't get around to putting back on. Liked them pretty well. Still riding around on the 36 gravel grinders i got for cx. Also vittoria has a new road tire coming out that will come in sizes up to 38 that is supposed to be on the more durable side for commuting/light gravel/etc. the n.exts have been good as an all around bigger slick for my cx bike though.