Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

jamal posted:

Sometimes I feel like there's too much poo poo on this bike

but the fenders are really nice in the winter/spring when the roads are wet and grimey. And I need lights because it gets dark. And the frame bag keeps snacks and gloves and tools and stuff.

That was yesterday, now it's 7f and snowing.

Long and low stem looks so good. 😎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

evil_bunnY posted:

Still a looker. What's that headlight?

Axa lux 70 plus. Been rock solid for me but not the brightest. I always have a headlamp on trips as a backup/supplement for really dark trails.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
put some black leather stuff on my dark grey bike

all the slush making my front brake squeal and stutter. by the time I got back home the caliper had nearly unscrewed itself from the frame.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Mauser posted:

put some black leather stuff on my dark grey bike

all the slush making my front brake squeal and stutter. by the time I got back home the caliper had nearly unscrewed itself from the frame.

Very pretty.

Maybe a dab of threadlock on that nut might be a good idea?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
that was my plan too once I noticed it while cleaning all the salt water off!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
These geese don't feel like flying South for the Winter.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

It snowed and stayed cold for a week so I ordered a pair of conti top contact winter II's (and one contact spike 120) and as a result all of the snow has disappeared, making sure I never get to play in the snow.

The least-great great lake was pretty though.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
The other day, someone posted a picture to the local trail riders' group that was simply breathtaking. It was vertical aspect, which is usually strikes 1 and 2, but since it was a bike path going over a little bike path bridge over a creek billowing with fog, which my area has been dealing with for a few days since the deep freeze ended and the humidity and rain melted away the ice. Just a beautiful picture.

Now... I'm not as good of a photographer, but I was finally able to ride my bike today because while I don't mind riding in the cold, the last couple of weekends have been the kind of dangerous cold that I'm not equipped for. But, I did get a lot of fun river fog pictures, a barge, some bridges, the usual stuff I get. So, here's the one I didn't share. That's Melvin Price Lock & Dam in the background. This was my first 25 miles this year.

Cheapest bike Giant makes, I think.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
New bike... just clicked buy on the website and put pedals and cages on it

I had just rolled 100k mi on my old trek

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
:five:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Put some LEDs on it and you're ready for TRON

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Withnail posted:

New bike... just clicked buy on the website and put pedals and cages on it

I had just rolled 100k mi on my old trek

Hot

Did it come with the stem already cut like that?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

winter is over

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

NBD - did my first ride on this during a 200k. Was really comfortable and I'm happy with 95% of the component choices except for the handlebars. Kind of want to get flared handlebars but the nice thing about these is that they allow for aero bars.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

^ hot ^

False spring in Denver.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

dema posted:

^ hot ^

False spring in Denver.

man if I were single but had a decent paying but flexible job I'd fuckin' move to the front range or deeper

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Fully sick

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Did some drivetrain upgrades along with the 36cm Wiggle bars before they stopped shipping to the USA.

We’ve got AXS front and rear derailleurs, a 12 speed HG cassette, a KMC chain, and 11 speed SRAM rings. None of this is officially compatible but it works great.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

We’ve got AXS front and rear derailleurs, a 12 speed HG cassette, a KMC chain, and 11 speed SRAM rings. None of this is officially compatible but it works great.

5 years before they’re about to stamp RFID tags onto every link of a chain and DRM them to the electronic RD.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Also fully sick.

I want to see more rim brake+electronic drivetrain builds.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Did some drivetrain upgrades along with the 36cm Wiggle bars before they stopped shipping to the USA.

You can't post a build with eeBrakes and not post the weight. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Proper stem action

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I've still got one of them rim brake bikes too. Been meaning to replace it with a new supersix but keep buying other things instead. like last season it was a hardtail xc bike and right now i'm working on a replacement for the major jake. But maybe once the new bike is finished, I sell the jake, and sell my old car, a new road bike will be on the table for this year. Guess I'll keep riding this in the meantime

New bike gonna be cool. Just don't have an eta for the frame better than "probably before the end of april" yet.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Good bikes on this page

jamal posted:

New bike gonna be cool. Just don't have an eta for the frame better than "probably before the end of april" yet.

What are you getting?

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Looks like the circus must be in town for the weekend

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:sun: first actually decent ride since getting injured then getting sick

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

dema posted:

You can't post a build with eeBrakes and not post the weight. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

I am far too lazy to take off the saddle bag, bottle cages, and Assiomas to get the fancy weight, but it's about 16.5lbs. I have some Dura Ace C24s tubs that can go on to really lighten it up but short of doing Mt Washington again racing on tubs is for the birds!!

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Dog Case posted:

Looks like the circus must be in town for the weekend

Hell yeah brother

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
Last year's project built up from what looked to be a NOS frame with mostly used bike coop components. Already sold as I have too many bikes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
This year's project is dynamo hub and igh conversion for the grocery getter.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Leroy Diplowski posted:

That is an excellent mule bike, very nice

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Hell yeah.
What's up with the brake lever angles?

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Hell yeah.
What's up with the brake lever angles?

I had recently crashed... They are even now

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

New bike week :yotj: still building it out a bit, but drat this thing is fun. 3" tires are rad

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Breadwinner Aufderheide update (basically the same as the last time I posted it ~5 years ago). Haven't gone on any tours with it since 2020. :c00l:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's so perfect :allears:

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

rope kid posted:

Breadwinner Aufderheide update (basically the same as the last time I posted it ~5 years ago). Haven't gone on any tours with it since 2020. :c00l:

That six arm crank is so cool

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Thanks! It's the Velo Orange Grand Cru.

https://velo-orange.com/collections/cranks/products/grand-cru-50-4bcd-crankset-mkii

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My trusty commuter, the bike formerly known as boomer barry:

He's just transitioned, surgery is complete, do NOT dead name him.

He is now: gravel gary!! *sick guitar riffs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Love it.