Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I always wait 24 hours after rain before riding local trails, but I guess Thursday rained a ton and this was a relatively flat trail so it was still pretty muddy. In back is my 2011 Santa Cruz Heckler and in front is my friend's new Polygon Siskiu D7 out for its very first ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I've got four bikes but these are the fun ones:

2011 Santa Cruz Heckler

2015? Surly Pugsly

1998 Specialized Allez comp

The last one I bought last Fall, having belonged to a friend's dad's friend, so I got it cheap but needed a bunch of parts replaced which gave me a reason to get to know the owner of my new local bike shop since the one I used for a decade shut down a few years ago. Had never done road biking before and that photo was taken on a 43 mile trek around D.C. which is the farthest I've ever gone by a wide margin and boy was I dying the last 8 or so miles that are all uphill heading North from D.C.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I can't no-hand my road bike at all. But my 40lbs old hybrid with wider tires and padded old man seat I can be going downhill and just stretch all my limbs out until the downhill ends. So I don't know, I would think tire thickness aids the stability most but maybe also the weight?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Children of the Corn

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Based on the photos I'm picturing you both living on opposite sides of the same mountain range.

Makes me want to ride my fat bike even though we have no snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
These geese don't feel like flying South for the Winter.