Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Bar tape is a mess and it's wildly unfashionable but it's super comfy. I refuse to coordinate colors.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Levitate posted:

Respect your bike by not throwing it down in the dirt like you’re discarding trash

what about grass!?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Big windy lake visit and then a bunch of industrial gravel exploration/trespassing.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

tarlibone posted:

New bike day!

I hope you can tell it's from State; I feel like they could have put their wordmark on it more so you don't mistake it for something else.

Ayyyy
I've got a 4130 as well. I do wish I could de-sticker it, but they're under the clearcoat. It's a little much.

Things I've discovered in the last couple thousand miles; the stock wheels are prone to breaking spokes. They're fine for lots of people, but certainly weren't for me. State is pretty good about reimbursing for broken spokes, but it's an annoying experience. I got hunt 4 season wheels and haven't had a problem since.

Stock cassette and derailleur are very much low hanging fruit to swap. SRAM rival long cage is perfect and makes an immediate improvement, and any 11-42 cassette (sram, shimano, sunrace, etc) will go right on and also help a ton. The Rival will shift a 11-46 really well if you do want more than 1:1. The stock levers are surprisingly good in my experience.

The brakes need some love if you go fast or down hills, but just throwing on TRP Spyre or Juin Tech solves the problem. If you do change the levers and have the bar tape off, compressionless housings make a huge difference in brake feel.

e: bike picture for relevance

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 20, 2023

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

It snowed and stayed cold for a week so I ordered a pair of conti top contact winter II's (and one contact spike 120) and as a result all of the snow has disappeared, making sure I never get to play in the snow.

The least-great great lake was pretty though.