Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

e.pilot posted:

THE RULES:
Big ring check
Small Cog lol
Valves at 12 or 6 lol
Crank at 3 lol
Centered Tire Logos kind of
No Bottles But only because short ride
No Bags (unless there’s LOTS of bags) That, Sir, is a Berthoud, you heathen
No Lights They're really german, gently caress you.

Bonus Points:
In front of a good wall no, but there is a really pretty sewage treatment plant outlet there
Gold chain :(
Pro Fit I designed a custom bike to have a positive angle stem, just to piss you off

Negative Points:
Reflectors I'm actually pissed I don't have them on the rear wheel. 48hs don't do well with reflectors and they all fall off.
Dork Disk I have enough taste to remove that

(The fork with steerer is basically the longest that will fit in an S&S box, with fork removed).

nm fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Withnail posted:

Put on a new chain, so I'd figured it was due for a picture.

It doesn't look like much but it was it was the trek roubaix team bike back in the day and retailed for about 12k if you wanted to buy one.

I think you need to switch to SRAM.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Chill Callahan posted:

May or may not have gone nuts on this build but its 100% Italian in one way or another (sans pedals)

gently caress yes

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I bet it is. Mid-late 90s mountain bikes were generally designed around a 63-80mm fork, which is about 420.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

e.pilot posted:

holy SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

God bless purple. Who did it?

nm fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 14, 2020

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Update despite getting damaged by a shop which I am still dealing with this bike is hilarious. I have zero idea what the designers were thinking but riding in a comfortable cruise position on a plush spring saddle except on a high end lightweight frame and 53x14 as the high gear feels really silly but also really fun. Extremely recommended if you like the feeling of wind resistance

E) I also like calling a bike "super tourer" and not including any bottle cage mounts. I don't think I'm going to be doing any Super Touring on this

I don't know when bikes started coming with braze-ons, but at least early 70s Raleigh light weights didn't.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Kinda weird cuz they went through the trouble to include some cool (and very fragile looking) frame pump braze-ons under the top tube.

Might see if I can get a bottle cage clamp-on, but apparently they're one of those things in short supply right now.

My early 70s International has nothing. It has a band on campy pump peg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

FWIW, if you buy delta stands buy the expensive versions (often called "rugged"), they are far better. They're also like twice the price, but $50-80 to keep your bikes from falling down is worth it.