Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
OK so it's not a great picture of the bike (rented Otso Voytek) but I did find a pretty famous wall to lean it against.

Roslyn's a nice place to ride. From this wall it's about less than a mile to a series of trails that are groomed for biking and skiing in the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
One day I will actually buy my own fat bike but probably not this year. The previous place only had them in stock if I wanted to pay $4,000 and the Trek store in Anchorage told me I might be able to get one next winter if I put my name down now. A year ago there were multiple Salsa Mukluks for sale at REI and now I feel like a sucker for not buying them all as an investment opportunity.

(There weren't any planes but I had to stop twice for dogsleds to go past.)

This bike is notable for having a dropper seatpost. I didn't really ride on any trails where it actually made sense to use it but that didn't stop me from making the most of it anyway.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
New fatty fat fat bike (Salsa Heyday) just in time to enjoy the miserable snow conditions we're having this year.