Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klezmer life yo
Jan 7, 2011

Went to Whistler last week, my first trip since 2011. I did a full rebuild over the few weekends before, but this is my 2005 Brodie from before I stopped cycling, with the (long-shocked, flipped link, dual-crown) setup I had wanted but couldn't afford when I originally built it.

Ignore the Sunrace derailleur, I exploded my original Shimano on the first day of the weekend, and this was the best the bike shops could immediately sell me for 8spd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klezmer life yo
Jan 7, 2011

Picked up this 2008 Hustler frame a few weeks ago for $200, picked up a 2004 Pike Dual Air for free last weekend, living my late-2000s All Mountain dreams.
The COVE lettering up the side is hand-cut purple glitter vinyl, the paint on the bike is super rough and I didn't want to waste an OEM graphics kit on something I'll probably end up stripping later.
Working on finding a lighter wheelset, the S-Types are solid but so so heavy for this bike.