Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

frogbs posted:

The Brompton has been WAY more fun than I thought it would be. I know i've now entered the old man, pony-tail, Birkenstock's with sandals era of my life by owning one, but it's been a lot of fun. I threw a dynamo and some lights on it and have been doing all my riding on it the last few months. I've toyed with putting a rear rack on it, but from what i've read from other folks its actually kind of hard to carry stuff on it without your feet hitting things. I think i'm gonna leave it like this for a while. Next step is flying with it. Trying to decide to just try and gate check it, get a hard suitcase for it, or just use an Ikea Dimpa bag with some padding and hope for the best.

Awesome bike and a great photo. Single speed, drop bars, and is that a dynamo hub up front?

I can confirm a 20L pannier will just barely avoid heel strike on my brompton's rear rack. Any bigger is unusable. Smaller would probably be preferable. Heel strike actually becomes less of an issue when the pannier is full since more of the fabric is being stretched away from the bike rather than forward/backwards.

https://www.amazon.com/Rhinowalk-Waterproof-Shoulder-Professional-Accessories/dp/B07Q36HRDZ
Is what I use.

The top hooks on this pannier can be shifted forward/backwards, letting you mount it further back than normal, giving you more heel clearance.

At least on my rack I can only use the pannier on one side as on the side with the line into the internal hub shifter it can catch on the cable when I'm trying to shift. If you've got a single speed that would not be an issue though.

I would note, I do have an alibaba rack (though it is made for a brompton, and not just a random rack for a full size bike). So dimensions of the "official" brompton rack may change the story.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU