Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
I don't usually take many pictures while I'm riding because I hate stopping and my phone camera kinda sucks, but I did take a few today.

Here's some more I've taken over a few years of riding. My first bike is in some of them but it's currently skeletal in the basement, having been cannibalized for its drivetrain and other bits when I redid the Cannondale earlier this year.

There was a wedding up in Wolfeboro, NH and instead of talk to people in the morning, I went for a bike ride.

I've done the Hub On Wheels ride twice and riding down an empty Storrow Drive in the beginning section is a blast. Once you get through the crowds it's just a straightforward speedway before you get to ride through some nice roads and paths around the city of Boston. Never knew about most of them and it's a good time.

Couple photos from somewhere in northeastern MA.

Sometimes you learn things while you're on a ride. I didn't know there were buffalo in MA but here they are, on a farm.

Rode up Mt. Wachusett with a friend.

This was before the new drivetrain but I just like this shot of the bike.

Rode with my brother recently and he managed to get an action shot of me. Bask in the glory of my fat rear end and thick calves.

Stayed up on the Pemigewasset River in NH for a weekend and, you guessed it, went for a bike ride. The road in the last few pictures was signed "Road not maintained - Travel at own risk" and they weren't kidding. The pictures make it look alright but a normal sedan wouldn't have made it through some sections. Not the best surface for carbon wheels and the amazing sidewalls of GP4k2 tires but I made it.

Kimbo and I did a double-metric century a couple years ago and, while I wasn't as strong as I had hoped to be, it was still a great time. He's a cool dude and I lust after that bike.

I believe this picture breaks all the rules except for the lack of reflectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Lonjon posted:

Hello new thread!

Here's a picture from a less than good commute I had a while back. See if you can spot what's wrong in this picture.

Bummer. Tough to ride without a chain.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Went for one of my regular loops today but decided to take it a little easier and take more pictures. I did some tinkering and cleaning last night so why not document it?

BeastPussy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 8, 2020

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
bike looks really good there (you've also always taken great pics so that helps but still)

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

zXzC0C0zXz posted:

I mostly use it for road. I didn't think it could do all of that.

Not the same bike, but I've done light gravel, some singletrack and some unmaintained roads with my road bikes that have far smaller tires. You can do a lot more exploring if you want to with your ride.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Mauser posted:

Is there some sort of clean way to remove them? I've always just spent 10 minutes hacking away at them with industrial strength scissors or garden shears

Take rear wheel off, remove cassette, remove dork disc.

Assembly is reverse of removal.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
:swoon:

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
I think your bike looks really sharp and I'd like a full driveside photo please.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Mauser posted:

Can I ask what you're doing with the rockhopper? I got a '98 that's a little small for me that I was using as a commuter for a couple years with slick tires, but now I'm not sure what to do with it. Sorry if you posted upthread about it already

Quick answer: he converted it to a fat tire drop bar bike and it rules.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933902&userid=33555

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Excellent bike

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Don't take this the wrong way but I hate how great your pictures are because they make me jealous every time.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
That is an excellent bike picture.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Who did you let ride it?

:vince:

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
that is a good looking bike

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
that's a nice bike

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
They aren't my thing, but an old bike NIB & never ridden is very cool.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Bikes are good y'all

Couldn't find a wall, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

mexecan posted:

Gulf CAAD update. Switched out the wheels in the last year. And a crank upgrade.

Also considering selling. I rarely ride group rides anymore let alone compete. Something like an Aspero with two sets of wheels (road/gravel) is probably in my future.

If this was my size I'd consider giving my current CAAD10 a sibling asap.

Love this bike.