Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
First ride on new bikecycle

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

That’s a good bichael. That’s a Sensah SRX Pro groupset with State’s name slapped on it isn’t it?

Yeah It's Sensah for sure, and it looks identical when I looked up a photo. At first I was worried it was gonna be cheap junk; the levers feel sloppy and cheap when you're just standing next to the bike fiddling with them, but when you're actually riding and using them they feel really good. Shifts are super smooth and quick. Downshifts especially are so smooth I had to upshift and do it again a few times just to be sure it even happened.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Got in a ride before the rain comes back again tonight

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Pooper Hero posted:

That's beautiful. What lake is that?

That's no lake! That's Deception Pass

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Rode out to the lake again

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

I'm going to become one of those bike guys that look like a old-timey lumberjack. My drops will be higher than my saddle

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

All my bikes are for going slow

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

New bike clown bike day

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

That looks fancy. I bet you didn't even have to grease all of the dry bearings before you could ride it

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Tiny bike for tiny rides

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

BMX Formula 1. It was a thing for a little while

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Checked out a new to me trail right near my house

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

It's time for Geax greenwalls to come back

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

XYLOPAGUS posted:

Use case is coffee runs and paved path riding. I'll probably fit a basket to the front eventually.

Y'all got any suggestions for a bar and stem combo that would be more comfy for the wife? She's a little short for the frame, so more back sweep and rise would be nice. She didn't like my MTB bro bar..

You could check out the Ritchey Kyote. I spent a while looking and it's pretty much the cheapest "alt" bar still available from a good brand that rates it for some off road use. There are also a bunch of similar Chinese bars on Amazon that might be fine for your intended path riding.
The Kyote is super wide, I cut mine down quite a bit which put the grips in a similar position as a standard bar but with a lot more sweep. If the reach is currently ok you could use the same stem (unless that's a 35mm clamp?) Leaving it full width would give you more back sweep but then the width might give her problems.

Edit: Velo Orange also has a bunch of bars with lots of sweep
https://velo-orange.com/collections/flat-and-upright-bars

Dog Case fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 10, 2023

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Youtube keeps recommending me all these videos of people's dogs running on trails with them where they film the dogs in slowmo like a bike video and it's pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC3gfQbu_m0

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Tigren posted:

gently caress this dude. Bikes should be photographed in their natural habitat, not stuffed and on display like it’s in a museum diorama.

Gravel bike on its side in the dirt is primo. Beautiful bike.

Drive side facing camera is the only important rule because it keeps you from bending the derailleur hanger

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

I also rode my All-Road today

The Peri-Motos make a really good, loud "Zweeeeep!" noise when you skid on wet pavement

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

The only part of the drivetrain I felt needed to be replaced was the cassette, which seemed to have flexy or poorly aligned cogs that caused the chain to jump around after it had some miles on it.
I'm still using the original derailleur and I've never had a dropped chain even while riding it like a mountain bike on fairly technical singletrack

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Does anyone know what this bizarre variable (seemingly reducing?) leverage system on the levers is:

Depending on the lever sometimes it allows you to switch between long or short pull and other times it was to allow some adjustment in the pull ratio for fine tuning. Avid had a similar idea that used a little thumb wheel on the front of the lever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Looks like the circus must be in town for the weekend