Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

jet sanchEz posted:

My 1986 De Rosa.

Good god, that is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Anza Borrego posted:

The Renegade I’m looking at is the Force 1 11sp 1x and was under the impression that a gravel-oriented 1x is manageable. Is that not really right?

Perfect for hilly San Diego. Just don't try and do thursday night worlds at Fiesta Island on that gearing.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

cursedshitbox posted:

Last day in this area of Mendocino

I rode these very trails in 17' the day of the night it caught fire. surreal.

Did you just...confess to arson?

(Years ago there was a big fire in suburban north county San Diego. When I heard where all the fires were my first thought was “wow, those fires are all along a regular riding route, maybe a cyclist started it.” Turns out it was a disgruntled junior racer who did it!)

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Chinatown posted:

A month ago I picked up a very beat up and neglected Bianchi off CL. Had been abused and then left in a garage for who know how many years and came with a 20t freewheel. Covered in oily soot and grime and scratched all over.

Disassembled everything and sanded then repainted the all-white portions of the frame and deep cleaned everything else. New Cinelli pepper bars, new stem, new 28c Gatorskins, new 18t shimano freewheel, and new blue chain to match the original spec. Was going to get a better saddle but the cheapo Endzone saddle is actually really comfortable.

Its got an aluminum frame a rad aero carbon fork. Running 48-18 which is perfect for the hills here. Great urban assault vehicle.

It's like 2005 all over again!

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Havana Affair posted:

Just finished this project I started half a year ago.

It's a late-seventies Bridgestone Submariner, made in Japan with a stainless steel main triangle. The idea was that it wouldn't rust on a coast. The grey box on the chainstay is an electric automatic gearbox for a Nexus 3 hub from early 2000s.

The bike (and the frame are heavy) but the ride is smooth and stable as you'd expect from a touring bike. It got new wheels, basket and a cockpit besides the Nexus 3 thing but everything else is original. They made several different versions of the automatic Nexus in the 2000s and this is the most basic one, it barely has any adjustments. I still have to figure useable gear ratios for it since it mostly likes to stay in the hardest gear even uphills. The gears now run on batteries but I'm hoping to figure out how to power them with the dynamo hub.

I heard that the Nexus 6 model is really nice and powerful but breaks down after four years for some reason...

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

mikemelbrooks posted:

I picked up my N+1, a Cannondale supersix Evo Hi Mod. The guy selling it got knocked off by a car breaking his collar bone, and this bike was the replacement, its got around 25miles on it, and the guy has lost his nerve and is going to stick to gravel.

Cars....good?

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
New (to me) bike day: 2019 Pinarello Prince, DI2 Ultegra - Boyd 38mm Disc wheels. Rides really nice! Bought it off a friend with the insurance money from my stolen bikes, I hate to admit but I came out ahead from the whole ordeal:

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Good bichael. How tall are you?

I'm 6'3". This is the 59cm downtube size. The top tube is about 57.5cm. With this 120mm stem it's a touch long for me, I'm going to put a 100 on it and it will feel better.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

dema posted:

New bike day.

Not particularly rad. But clean, light and a little fancy.

Looking forward to getting it dirty tomorrow.

Man, I really want to remain a spesh hater, but all their recent bikes are so drat good. Nice one.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
That’s my stomping grounds. Glad you enjoyed

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

TobinHatesYou posted:

The Madone is a gravel bike.

Yeah, it doesn't even have an aero speed-hole. Might as well relegate it to gravel and commuting duty.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

I've barely been riding lately after hurting my back again. While I do physio and exercises and gentle cruiser rides to heal my back I have been tinkering with this and more or less got it how I want it.

My only gripes are purely aesthetic ones, I couldn't find a longer Silca Impero in the right blue, so I had to use an umbrella clip. And I didn't notice how brown my old Turbo saddle was until it was on the bike next to the new bar tape. E. And the black plastic cable housing end on the cable stop on the chainstay, I have to find a chrome one at the bike shop sometime.

Anyway I can't wait to ride it. Spring is on the way here.

Beautiful! A proper tall size bike!

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

tarlibone posted:

Yesterday, I got a call from E-ville, Illinois, and I calmed myself and answered the phone... and it was a plumbing service I've used, offering to come out and maintain my HVAC system. Poop.

Today, the bike shop in E-ville called, and they had a much happier message. So, I skipped back day at the gym to go and pick up babby's first road bike.

For an entry-level bike, I'm a little amazed at how light it is and how smooth it shifts. Took a few tries to get the seat height right (they had someone there watching me zip around), and it still might need to come up a little more, but this works for now. I love the gearing. It's weird feeling the bike lurch forward when I really lean into the pedals, but I'll get used to it.

It came with basic platform pedals, so those'll do for right now, especially since I'm still getting used to how the shifting works. The guy there told me that I'll definitely want to upgrade when I notice the fatigue, but since this is my first road bike, I might want to get used to riding it first.

"Nice". You're going to shocked at how much faster / easier you cover distances on that bike compared to even the sharpest of your previous ones. Happy riding!

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Dog Case posted:

BMX Formula 1. It was a thing for a little while

My buddy has a BMX F1 bike he converted to pull a trailer that he uses to haul his track bike to the velodrome to race on. It's a pretty amazing combo.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

VideoGameVet posted:

I bought this Pelso Brevet carbon fiber frame and built it up as a 1x12.

10-52 cluster, 40t cranks.

Broke most of my PR's on this already.

That thing looks fast as hell. Been to that Peet’s before 👀

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Is that a…Moots over Marin?

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Bud Manstrong posted:

don’t pull the thang out
unless you plan to bang

I was thinking of a different song:
(That bike rules, want it)

https://youtu.be/gES95UtYTr0

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
At least put some bar end caps on those rear handlebars. That looks like a calf core sampling kit as-is.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

jamal posted:

Sometimes I feel like there's too much poo poo on this bike

but the fenders are really nice in the winter/spring when the roads are wet and grimey. And I need lights because it gets dark. And the frame bag keeps snacks and gloves and tools and stuff.

That was yesterday, now it's 7f and snowing.

Long and low stem looks so good. 😎

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Proper stem action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

bicievino posted:

It's almost spring time and the weather is pretty lovely in Seattle rn, so I'm enjoying quality time on my fair weather road biek.

That bike only rides into headwinds