Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mexecan
Jul 10, 2006

Gravel bike on the ol’ homestead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mexecan
Jul 10, 2006

jamal posted:

Finally have this thing about the way I want it. new drivetrain parts and bb and pedals, wooshy wheels, a new saddle that seems pretty good (pro stealth), and no loving clicks when I pedal it.

Outstanding. What BB did you pair the crank with? I’m making a similar switch for my CAAD10.

mexecan
Jul 10, 2006

Gulf CAAD update. Switched out the wheels in the last year. And a crank upgrade.

Also considering selling. I rarely ride group rides anymore let alone compete. Something like an Aspero with two sets of wheels (road/gravel) is probably in my future.

mexecan
Jul 10, 2006
New bike day. Had to go with the powder blue option. Can figure out the orange bits later.

mexecan
Jul 10, 2006

Heliosicle posted:

You planning on mainly gravelling it or as a road/off-road switcheroo-er? Would be interested in finding out what they're like as a road bike replacement.

The later. I sold my CAAD10 last month and this is the replacement. So it’ll be serving both road and gravel. As a fast road bike it does quite well, especially with the Easton wheelset I borrowed from a friend. I’m still getting it dialed in but that same friend made a similar jump from Specialized Venge and feels you don’t give up much going to the Aspero.

I’ll be grabbing the Hunt Aero 34’s for my road wheelset and maybe a set of We Are One’s next spring, budget permitting, for fast gravel/racing.