Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

BeastPussy posted:

I'm not partial to purple on my own bikes but that's gonna look real cool.

how dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Nocheez posted:

I'm originally from Ohio but I've only done Vultures Knob near Wooster. I'll be visiting my family near Akron and I'm thinking of bringing my mountain bike. Any recommendations for what I should try to hit?

Why are there so many Ohio mtb goons??

But really, East Rim (Cuyahoga Valley National Park) is the obvious answer. It's probably the best trail in northeast Ohio.
I say that having built all of the Cleveland Metroparks mtb trails.
If you're going to do one, it's East Rim.

Hampton Hills (Summit County Metroparks) is also fun and nearby.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

h3r0n posted:

:hfive:

A post COVID goon ride is in order!

I'm partial to Vultures Knob and the Medina systems. Rays is open early too this summer if you want to go there, but thats all indoor and would make me uncomfortable right about now.
That being said if you are short on time then East Rim is for sure the way to go for sure. Its machine cut, super fast and flowy with a touch of tech, and all the jumps can safely be cased if needed.

Hampton Hills (Summit County Metroparks) is also fun and nearby. This is a good mention for sure. West Branch too, maybe?

NE Ohio trail conditions page:
https://camba.us/wp/ride/conditions

West Branch is for sure a great option for some deeeep old-school gnarly nonsense.
I've gained a newfound love for Ohio & Erie Canal. That's the only CMP trail I didn't have anything to do with, but it's some ridiculous gnarly garbage and it's super fun. We're currently giving it some love with much-needed corridor work and some small handwork fixes.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

It was the 90's, things were weird. That is one of the most unredeemably ridiculous bikes of the whole era tbh.

e: also terrifying

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Was just in Bentonville for a trailbuilding conference this past week. Only got to hit Slaughter Pen, but we did every trail that was open. 20 miles of mtb is rough when it's the first real riding of the season. Place is absolutely wild, the amount of money the waltons are pumping in there is incredible. It'll all fall apart someday when they decide it's not worth it, but it's an impressive destination right now, and it'll keep getting better for at least the next ~5 years.
Would recommend visiting the Mountain Bike Capitol of the World™ ™ ™ ™ ™

I took exactly one picture, and it was of a painting in ~the walmart world room~

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

:hfive:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

The bicycle world badly needs something akin to pcpartpicker.com too. Digging into finding the correct drivetrain components is absolutely insane.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

dema posted:

In other news, anyone want to buy a Santa Cruz Chameleon? I'm probably buying a Switchblade today.

Pictured: minimal impact on the knees

sorry:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Biggest reason not to go tubeless is if you have to store your bikes indoors in a carpeted apartment :v: