Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Hi mtb thread, I am roadie with a 90s mtb that I converted to drop bars for gravel/under-biking. I realized it's not very fun to ride like that so I want to go back to straight bars to ride around in the local dirt. I currently have a 10 speed 11x36 setup going using the original deore xt 8sp rear derailleur and a set of 105 road shifters. Triple crank in the front. What mtb shifters do I need that won't be poo poo to ride but isn't dura ace / dentist level? Thinking like a 105 equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Edit: nm, figured it out

spf3million fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 6, 2022

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
This PPE discussion is timely, my coworker offered to let me borrow his spare mtb and tag along on an after work ride next week. Any recommendations for beginner knee pads?

I'm ashamed to have never ridden a mountain bike before despite living in the bay area for eight years. He's got a badass Yeti SB160 and races, I told him we gotta start on the bunny hill!