Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Any recommendation for cheap 26” MTB tires? Looking to spend under $60 for the set. I ride mostly on trails, maybe 75% hard pack but also some loose gravel. I also have to ride about three miles each way on pavement to get to the trails so ideally something that isn’t a dog on the road too. I’m currently riding on the no-name tires that came on my 2012 Fuji, so thinking that nearly anything will be an upgrade.

What I’ve look at so far:

WTB All Terrain (already have these on order from REI but after doing some research zi think they might not be aggressive enough for me?)
WTB Trail Boss
WTB Veliciraptor
Kenda Smoke
Maxxis Icon W

Main priorities are durability and handling, in that order. I have a toddler bow and every hour that I spend fixing flats is an hour that I can’t spend on the trails! Willing to go above my budget a bit if it directly correlates with expected durability/flat resistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I’m sure I could save some money buying used but would much rather spend some more to just have REI deliver them to my door instead of dealing with Criaigslist freaks

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Probably a really dumb question (sorry) but how do you pedal with the seat post slammed down like that?

Asking because I’m just getting confident enough to go on trails that have steepish drops so I can’t get away with riding with the seat parallel to my handlebars anymore. Having the seat post down makes the drops feel much more secure/less stressful but my legs feel super cramped trying to pedal with the seat in that position.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

drat was hoping that the solution wasn’t to spend more money