Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
The Ripmo has basically been copping a rest in the frigid cold basement. Anything I need to do to avoid problems come springtime? possibly tubeless tires going asunder? Shocks leaking to beat the band? any winter maintenance needs doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Any tips on when it’s ok to go biking? The snow is melting or has melted in my area. I have some mtb pants. Just wondering when I know it’s ok to bust out the ripmo. I guess you’re not supposed to bike when it’s muddy? I can’t imagine the trails will be very strong after a snowmelt even if they aren’t that muddy per se. Tips?

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

I’ll just take a peek at the trails today and see if folks are keeping two tires to the path.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

I put ten toes to the path and it’s basically unridable atm. There is still a thick snow. Sad!

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Well I went to a different smaller somehow park and the snow was somehow not as pad and the ground was pretty packed frozen. Went back home and started to get the ripmo ready to ride. Basically just needed air in the tires. Checked the shock and was right as rain. But what an ordeal the process of getting out to ride was. Get the helmet, put on the pads, put on the POC MTB pants, put on gloves, put keys in backpack, lose the keys get to the car, take off the gloves to have the dexterity to operate the bike rack, move the bike there, get to the spot, take off the bike, put on gloves, put on helmet, remove gloves to have dexterity for the stupid D ring. Mama Mia. Start of season stutters much? But once on the trail the ripmo rode right as rain. Prob had a ridge too much pressure (30 psi a bit much) but it ate up the trails and is absolutely huge. Had been riding my commuter and forgot what an absolute monster this little number could be.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Folks say the Costco intended are like 2010 geometry. Any truth to this?

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Weather turned warmer. Was hoping to get absolutely dialed in on so,emsingletrack today. The local MTB community has a website of the trail conditions and they are all “red” for you shouldn’t use them due to mud. Fail

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

There is two that are yellow and I will scope them out

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Just arrived to this park for the first time . There’s no one here it is actually colder than I thought . Looks to be some interesting wood featuress. Arrived in full gear, including full face helmet, POC pants,, Alpinestars padded shirt and shorts, elbow and knee pads. . Will be using my GoPro as well. Not the coolest nor best biker, Just hoping to give others the inner confidence they need to pursue what they want, and stand up to bullies 💯.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

It was actually muddy to beat the band and packed big wads of claylike mud all over the rear linkages and chainring. I got as much as I could off by slamming the bike on the ground basically. I’m thinking to put the bike in the basement and let the rest dry and sort of chip it off in chunks. I think trying to remove it now will just smear it and compact it deeper into critical moving parts. Any hot tips ? I Havnt any access to a garden hose atm.

As to the park it was advertised as good for all skill levels. I only basically found a very flat green trail. Of which I was riding in full gear and GoPro chest rig to inspire confidence in others. Keep it 💯

Maudib Arakkis fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 10, 2024

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Bullies,, trolls, haters, and those who make fun of others to make them self feel big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

mud to beat the band