Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

If you really, truly don't care about costs get a Peloton bike and Wahoo Kickr Bike with zwift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Anyone with a smart trainer (Kickr ‘14 here) have this happen? I finished a group ride and left Zwift running to go take care of my dogs and got back on the bike about 15 minutes later. I’m guessing my trainer went to sleep and when I turned the crank it woke up. It shows I dropped 2000w for 3 seconds and then tapered off. The weird thing is I never saw this in Zwift, and there isn’t any section of the Strava ride where I was doing unrealistic speed or power.

Is this just a humble brag for 1000 watts only being 2nd?

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I did a bike fit with only an 8" fan on me and I have no idea how anyone could ride the trainer without at least one big rear end fan, preferably 2-3.

I ride with a 12in Vornado and it works pretty well. Figure it gets me ready for the humid as hell summers. I used to ride with two 3 foot box fans, but my SO complained about my bike poo poo taking up too much space :rolleyes:

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

vikingstrike posted:

For the space, the Lasko blowers are hard to beat. They push more air than my Vornado and take up comparable area.

Kinda surprised I never thought of a blower. I know the newer models are crazy good at moving air, at least the industrial ones. Not sure my partner would approve of my spending $100+ on a fan right now though. $50 bar tape and a $60 GPS/camera mount? Sure, of course.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
I'll definitely have to consider that. We're really limited on space in our apartment, so if I bought that, the Vornado would have to go.

e: few reviews about using it for indoor training

I Am Not Spor fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 5, 2021