Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I started zwifting as a thing to replace my commute while I’m WFH. I signed up to one of their training plans and have really enjoyed the structure, even if the zwift workouts themselves can be a bit dumb.

12 weeks, went from 243W @ 65kg to 247W @ 61kg. Pretty pleased with that (although I wanted to hit 250).

Now the plan is done I’m at a bit of a loose end and just doing random races and TTs. Might pick up another plan and try and target hill climb season, if it’s even running this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Knocked a good 2.5 minutes off my Alpe du Zwift time tonight! At 52.27, Sub 50 minutes is seeming achievable.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Set ERG to about 220-230 and you can do it pretty easy.

I’m on dumb trainer + power meter so no ERG for me!

I’ll likely get a proper trainer for the winter.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

bicievino posted:

An older wheel-on trainer may work with your bike, and be cheap.
It won't work with any of the fancy online training platforms, or give you any data, but you can do intervals on them just fine.

Could also add power pedals if you do want that stuff.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I got a new PR up the Epic KOM on Wednesday, and set myself an all time 20 min power record (251W) while I was at it.

22.49, 254W, 193bpm

Pretty pleased with that!

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

You have been added to TeamHummingbird.xlxs

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Where is this on intervals.icu?

If you go on the heart rate info for an activity, you can change the options on the curve graph to include the season and other periods you’ve set up.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Yeah I’m 31. It makes no difference to anything, really. I do have an implanted tracker for other reasons, but the doctors said none of the data coming through to them when I train is a cause for concern (same with my overnight rate which is <40).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I have the Suito (not the T - unsure of the difference) and it’s been pretty good for me. Power reads a little lower than my Assiomas but that’s not an issue for me. It’s no louder than my drivetrain and fan.

I bought it mainly because that’s what was in stock in 2020, but also I like how it folds away small. When I lived in a small apartment I could slide it away in a cupboard.