Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
You can buy a cadence sensor that pairs directly to Zwift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Present.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Why is power in quotation marks?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

I Am Not Spor posted:

I ride with a 12in Vornado and it works pretty well. Figure it gets me ready for the humid as hell summers. I used to ride with two 3 foot box fans, but my SO complained about my bike poo poo taking up too much space :rolleyes:

For the space, the Lasko blowers are hard to beat. They push more air than my Vornado and take up comparable area.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

I Am Not Spor posted:

Kinda surprised I never thought of a blower. I know the newer models are crazy good at moving air, at least the industrial ones. Not sure my partner would approve of my spending $100+ on a fan right now though. $50 bar tape and a $60 GPS/camera mount? Sure, of course.

You can get a Lasko model off Amazon for about $50 fwiw.

Lasko U12104 High Velocity Pro Pivoting Utility Fan for Cooling, Ventilating, Exhausting and Drying at Home, Job Site and Work Shop, Black 12104 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YKXF9VC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FEQVV56D8QRVY0H24TWE

You can spend a little more to get ones that push more air.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Worse in lower number, but maybe better number for tuning workouts. If all you want to see is number go up then pick a duration and train for it.

FTP tests mean nothing outside of setting numbers for workouts based on zones. And bragging online.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
When are they gonna take harassment seriously?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Dutymode posted:

Yes - trying to temporarily reduce reach to bars while on the indoor trainer. I was imagining some sort of bar that'll clamp to the handlebars like that, and that's as close as my googling could find. I was being vague, the issue is my wife is getting very pregnant, and it's getting hard to lean over that far.

Shorter stem with a larger positive angle

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Numbers may be similar but in practice the Lasko is just better for the trainer.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Segments? Leaderboards? Route planning? I think it does all of these well and has more data by a massive margin on the heatmap and segments than any other website. I also have more connections on their site than any other which makes it much more useful as a social network imo. You may not care a about these things or think what they want you to pay for is worth it but they have a niche no one else does.

That said there are things I’d love for them to build out more. But VV typically fills this and I get workout stuff from TP.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Aramoro posted:

I'm quite enjoying doing the training plans on Zwift, pitched really well for my level just now. Still really getting used to the turbo, I find it harder to maintain my normal cadance of 85, bouncing around a bit.

The ERG is a bit slow on my trainer as well. Not a huge issue but for those 15 second efforts is just about sorted itself out by the time it's time to slow down.

For short intervals like that probably worth turning ERG off.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
The real solution is to try and not use ERG mode. There are work outs where it is great/fine but most of the time I’d prefer to do it myself. Often easier and lets you use RPE to gauge effort along with the power numbers.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

brand engager posted:

It's an 840. So what I think you're suggesting is setting it up before the ride and disconnecting so the workout doesn't put it back into target power. I think that would work.

You can pair your trainer as a power source, not as a trainer.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
How are your times changing outside on that climb? Are you getting any quicker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Yikes, the trainer has broken you.