Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

The plans keep me coming back to it and a little more accountable. It's also really satisfying to see quantifiable progress over whatever time period the plan is.

The only thing I don't like about cycling indoors is how soggy I get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I use those square foam mats for under the bike and just a regular old towel. I think the consensus on fans is buy a good one. The popular ones I've seen online are the turbine ones that come with a remote and many settings.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I think it all comes down to personal fit. I've read that if you're having butt issues the first thing you should do is triple check your fit, and if that's all good then you need to got to a bike shop to get your sit bones measured, especially if you're doing it as frequently as you say and you're still going numb after 20 minutes.

As far as the nose/no nose goes that's a bit of a triathlon thing since you're in a super low position most of the time you don't really need a nose. It's making its way to more road bikes now though so of you find it more comfortable then go for it.

I don't think brands matter that much. You generally get what you pay for but again, it depends on your personal butt feelings.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

My metrics were varying widely before I realized it was a dumb idea to put my ANT+ dongle behind my monitor.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I'll admit to relying on an open window for cooling purposes. Maybe that's why I can't keep up with the stupid zwift academy

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I'm a wet mess by minute twenty but I had no idea it could have an effect on heart rate. I just thought it was a comfort thing

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I guess I'm going fan shopping then

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

Above 190bpm is my nono zone

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I think it's three full knob turns after your tire makes contact, and make sure your tire is properly inflated. Very unscientific but it's what was passed down from the previous owner of my trainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

The only downside to a chest strap is that it's cold when you first put it on. Other than that it's more accurate and way less complicated than any sportswatch optical sensor