Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Hi thread I'm a mountain biker who is expecting to go crazy over the winter without being able to ride after work and hoping to maintain or build some fitness through the winter for those days I can get out when weather and light allow.

I have a MTB and a road bike and not sure which I'd use for training, mtb would be nice as it's what I'm used to but I feel like road might be easier to setup as it's QR and most people seem to put road bikes on trainers.

A connected trainer with all the fancy stuff would be cool but I think I'd also be happy to use a HRM and a spinny fan on and just watch TV or whatever while I ride. It's be cool to be able to use both bikes but I don't know how that would work with different axle types, diameters, and hub widths between bikes.

I was thinking of buying used, are there any decent units or terms to search for in particular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU