Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Crumps Brother posted:

... My wife would usually stop up with our daughter at some point too. She's keen to ride her bike when we hang out in the attic, but loves to ride her bike when she sees me on mine as well. So then we end up with this cuteness overload:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV-CUmG9Ue4

Unreal how adorable this is!!!

For the tracking you are doing, is it all Strava where you collect stuff/where do you feed in data from app-wise if you have power meters on your bike as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Has anyone with a stages figured out how to get another one of the little bent hex wrenches you can use to get on/off pedals despite the minimal clearance? I have misplaced the one which came with my stages, and that is the only way to get these pedals on/off unfortunately.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I assume there’s no pedal wrench flats on the pedals?

Otherwise any low profile hex in whatever size you need (6 or 8mm) will work. You could also cut one down if you have an extra.

TITAN TIT12738 9 Piece Metric Low Profile Hex Key Set https://a.co/d/9AMV19x

Ah, thank you - low profile was the word I was missing. And yeah, no pedal wrench flats but it looks like one of these should work perfectly.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Angryhead posted:

I'm so tempted to get a dedicated indoor bike now, after about a month of indoor riding and with ~4-5 months of poo poo weather ahead.
Stages SB 20 is currently 2099€, the KICKR Bike Shift is being sold locally for 3k and the Tacx Neo bike like 3.8k.

Friggin' expensive, and my Tacx Flux S works fine but all the noise and potential vibrations generated from the setup keep from using it early in the morning. The idea of a near-silent thing sounds real nice...

SB20 is occasionally on a super deep discount, at least in the past

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Thanks for the tablet suggestions. A music stand seems like the best option.

I've never ridden anything but flat pedals before. From what I read in the OP of the general biking thread my options are "road" shoes/pedals which basically are worthless for walking in or MTB shoes/pedals which can be used to walk around off the bike. The places I take my bike require some walking so the later seems to be more my style. Any reason some flat/MTB combo pedals and a pair of shoes like these wouldn't work well for trainer usage?

Nope, that’ll work.