Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
You can also make a meetup with "meetup view only" selected, invite one person who doesn't show up, and you have any world/route all to yourself at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'm still a little confused as to what exactly all these people are doing. Is it that they are cheating somehow with the trainer calibration and then adjusting the backup power to match?

Where the better way to cheat is apparently by changing the calibration settings of your power sources and not trying to edit the fit file?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I didn't feel like the base of my kickr core was particularly stable so I clamped it to a board with some leveling feet. Plus I put weights on the board. Solid and stays in place. Plus the floor is a little crooked and the trainer flexes a bit to the right so being able to fine tune that is nice.

and here is a power curve from intervals.icu. Although it only has the last two winters. I like to think I can do better when i'm riding outside and racing and stuff.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I got a thermometer and humidity thing that I have on the bench near my trainer. it's pretty impressive how much humidity will go up in a pretty big garage over the course of a hard zwift ride or race. I've started cracking the door and getting some airflow in there if it's not too cold out. And yeah ideally I've got like 3 fans blowing on me and it's only like 40f in there and i have to turn the fans off/put a thermal jersey on to coast down adz or whatever.

Setup my new H3 today. Kind of annoying. App really sucks. Can't tell what you're connected to and oh you're trying to spin down calibrate my watch for some reason? great. Then froze up trying to update software the first time, then it wouldn't do a spindown calibration even after I turned off zwift. So not sure how that's supposed to work. Was nice just being able to do it through zwift with the kickr.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

If you're pedaling at 50w, there has to be 50w of resistance, what with the laws of physics existing and all that.

But anyway yeah if a trainer can only generate a certain amount of resistance once you get there that's it.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I would assume there is still some way to turn off erg mode and then ride to a target power with the trainer providing a set/adjustable resistance like in zwift and such.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Usually whenever I want to do some specific workout I'll do it while climbing adz. Goes toward getting the tron bike too (make sure you have the climbing challenge selected).

Really cold here. guess i'll do about the last big dumb long route i have left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah I don't like how 100% feels. Maybe because you can't really see the little changes on the screen so they're kind of unexpected.

I keep mine a little under half. I also only have a single 50t ring on the trainer bike so going too high doesn't work great on the steeper bits. Lower setting also lets you maintain a more even effort and pedal a little harder on downhills.