Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
I just bought myself a birthday "present" of an Eilte Suito trainer and am getting my workout area set up. It's easy to set-up / take down, so my wife will let me use it in our second bedroom that is also her work-from-home office. What kinds of mats / towels / fans are you all using to keep sweat from getting everywhere and stinking up the place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Just started a 12 week training plan with zwift.

It's good when your heart rate matches your watts right? 175w at 175bpm :gonk:

Only if you're also doing 175 rpm

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Don't tell the UCI but I did my final two Zwift intervals tonight in the puppy paws position...

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Korwen posted:

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the feedback. There's a place online selling a Suito T for $600 which seems to be a solid deal, and some googling suggests the website is legit. I know I would have to get a cassette for that one, should I match the cassette on my bike (11 - 42, it is a 1x setup) or would any 11 speed cassette be fine? Im not sure if it matters on a trainer.

My Suito (i dont remember if its the T or not) came with the cassette already installed.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Speaking of the Elite Suito trainer: I lost (threw away) the thru-axle adapters for standard M12 x 142 spacing because I didn't own a disc-brake bike at this time last year. Well, now I do have one and want to use it on the trainer. Does anybody have a set lying around that they could measure? I know the ID and thread size obv but how about the OD of the non-drive side adapter and it's length? If I can't get a replacement set sent to me, I can easily make a set in the machine shop at work.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Yeah they happily sent me a new set after I emailed them. Too bad, I’m always looking for bike projects I can do in the shop, and that would have been perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

If you haven't already, make a spare rear hanger if you want a project

That's a good one. I have already made a fixing bolt for a FSA crank arm and a bunch of custom engraved stem caps. The one I really want to do now is a set of flat mtb pedals and a stem.