Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Woke up at 4a and couldn't get back to sleep, so went down to the basement and rode Zwift until my alarm went off. Only 18 minutes, but it's more than 0 so I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Yeep posted:

No, but Zwift workouts ask me to hold an arbitrary % of my FTP at an arbitrary cadence which doesn't necessarily line up with what I'd be doing on any real terrain.
Pretty sure that is erg mode (default for workouts). Try it in normal.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Is there any tool to take a real route and find which route in Zwift would be most comparable to it? There's a climb event I want to do and finding an analogue isn't easy.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

mikemelbrooks posted:

I think it might be easier to do this. "Convert a real-life route to a Zwift workout"https://whatsonzwift.com/gpx-to-zwift-workout
Interesting. That looks promising. Thank you!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I really don't know. Aside from tracking rides it doesn't really do anything well, and that part is free.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Look at the swift hub too, if you are using swift especially.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I have an original hub so I ordered the upgrade kit to get the virtual shifting stuff. Should be nice for this winter season.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ugh. Got to 5.0 miles and 875ft in on Road to Sky (Alpe du Zwift) before running out of steam. Turned around for another couple miles and kissing 55mph. Gives me a starting point to start from at least. Goals for next season roughly match AdZ (CO natl monument and Boulder's Flagstaff climb) among other events so lots of conditioning coming over winter.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Mine is a scosche rhythm that just keeps trucking and never gives me crap. A v1 because I didn't like the strap on the newer ones so much.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I like my swift hub. Seems to do the job fine, but maybe I just don't know what I'm missing.

Did an hour on it tonight. Works well.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

10 minutes, if that, to convert the Zwift hub from skewer and 11s to through-axle and their cog thing. Not bad. Now to give it a try.

E: Zwift cog thing is good.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 19, 2023

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I have a zwift hub and ride it with zwift on an iPad and TV or youtube or something streaming running on a giant TV in front of me. It works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I have an iPad on a stand next to me and a 50 something inch TV that I watch YouTube on. Aside from varying terrain I don't find the lovely Zwift graphics holding much interest. I did start with Zwift on the big screen via PC but that changed quickly.