Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm a fat dad who has been trying to find a way to do something active and not get killed on the road while my toddler sleeps at home. I dug out my old college bike, found a Cyclops trainer for $40 on FB marketplace, and bought the $30 pack of speed/cadence sensors.

I don't even know if I set the drat thing up right, but for $70 it works.
Anyways looking forward to doing minimum 15 minutes/day just to do something while I calorie count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I used Zwift sparingly over the last two years but never really enjoyed it. I'd just boot it up but then spend all my time on the bike watching something else on another monitor. Gamifying exercise doesn't really do it for me. Additionally, I'd have to load Zwift and close it like 3 times to even just start because things wouldn't connect properly since I have a regular dumb trainer and speed/cadence/heart rate sensors on my bike.

My dumb rear end finally figured out my Garmin can sync to my speed/cadence sensors on my bike & dumb trainer so I can ditch the Zwift and just keep doing my thing.