Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

For the past month I've been spending time with my elderly parents and immersing myself in the world of the Florida Retirement Community. My mother, being an older woman, enjoys every variety of diet colas and when needs must, will purchase the store brands. Publix, one of the local grocery establishments, makes a fine diet cola, however, I recently read the label out of sheer boredom. What I found has perplexed me greatly.

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frump truck

hello... again!

its a haiku if you read the whole label bottom to top

bubbly. nothing to
lose. sparkle, down-low, leaded
diet cola. p

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

WHERE DO I FIND THE UNLEADED DIET COLA??

idiotsavant
those goddamn feds took the lead out of the air where am i supposed to gtet my lead???? dig it out of the dirt??

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Manifisto

:stonk:

I can vaguely kind of see how associating your product with a clandestine gay affair might be a cutting-edge marketing technique, but associating your product designed for consumption with literal poison is . . . well, a death cult is one theory. or maybe they just replaced their marketing department with talk to transformer.

ty nesamdoom!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Manifisto posted:

:stonk:

I can vaguely kind of see how associating your product with a clandestine gay affair might be a cutting-edge marketing technique, but associating your product designed for consumption with literal poison is . . . well, a death cult is one theory. or maybe they just replaced their marketing department with talk to transformer.

Yes, I certainly found out odd that in the year 2020 that this diet cola was still in the closet, but that, of course, is the cola's business. But the words LEADED and NOTHING TO LOSE are intensely worrying.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

:eyepop:

BoldFrankensteinMir

That "nothing to lose" is between "sparkle" and "bubbly" makes it read like a cry for help at the cup factory.

ICE COLD forgiveness REFRESHMENT god help me FIZZY what if I'm wrong about everything DRINKS

*curls, weeping, over Adobe Illustrator*

Sig by Heather Papps

nut

why is the person surrendering

Manifisto

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

That "nothing to lose" is between "sparkle" and "bubbly" makes it read like a cry for help at the cup factory.

ICE COLD forgiveness REFRESHMENT god help me FIZZY what if I'm wrong about everything DRINKS

*curls, weeping, over Adobe Illustrator*

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

It definitely needs to be 1.4 fl oz bigger too

ELI PORTER

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
publicx is great man, love to get a publix sub

frump truck

hello... again!

i dont really want them to lix my pubs

FutonForensic

poisoned
submissive
greasy
ready to die
jizzy

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Look, when you take the lead out of gasoline you have to put it in something else or old folks just don't run right. Granma knocking and pinging all over the place is NOT a pretty sight!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Manifisto

FutonForensic posted:

poisoned
submissive
greasy
ready to die
jizzy

carcinogenic
yiffing
pyrotechnic
on the road to hell
bilious

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

Action movie trailer guy: He's leaded.

(gunshots)

AMTG: Down-low.

(Die Hard style crawling through ductwork sequence)

AMTG: Sparkle.

(twinkling)

AMTG: With nothing to lose.

(screaming)

AMTG: This summer, Publix Diet Cola is...Bubbly.

(electric guitar riff over the movie title)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

Action movie trailer guy: He's leaded.

(gunshots)

AMTG: Down-low.

(Die Hard style crawling through ductwork sequence)

AMTG: Sparkle.

(twinkling)

AMTG: With nothing to lose.

(screaming)

AMTG: This summer, Publix Diet Cola is...Bubbly.

(electric guitar riff over the movie title)

cda

by Hand Knit

cda

by Hand Knit

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Juicy
Natural
Refreshing
Nothing to live for
Low carb

cda

by Hand Knit
Getting my dick sucked on the down-low, drinking down-low diet soda

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

cda posted:

Juicy
Natural
Refreshing
Nothing to live for
Low carb

lmao

BoldFrankensteinMir

Frosty
Delicious
Hydration
I'm sorry I yelled, I'm sorry, okay? I said I was sorry!!!!
Summertime
Lemon-lime
Please don't tell anyone I'm camping under my desk while we work out the divorce
Sippin'

Sig by Heather Papps

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Yeah well - you get better MPG with the leaded cola :colbert:

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The lead weighs down the bubbles so it stays fizzy for longer

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

vanisher

Ready to get locked and leaded? Down-low your favorite songs.

unknown butthole

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
I eat a roast beef sandwich from publix almost every single day of my life. I hope they are also unleaded.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

unknown butthole posted:

I eat a roast beef sandwich from publix almost every single day of my life. I hope they are also unleaded.

Nothing to lose

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Publix chicken tenders and fried chicken generally are A+ but I don’t like their produce but there is one 1500’ from my house so I make do.

Honestly if they throw a little lead in stuff every now and then for flavor I could forgive them

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

They do this real danged good Cake with Really light white icing And fruit and jam in the middle which maybe is called a chantilly cake and wow it is good it has some berries in it so it’s basically healthy.

If they were using white lead to make their icing white, honestly I could forgive them.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

It’s hard to find premade deviled eggs too but Publix has them! They are not the best deviled eggs I ever ate, but they are pretty decent (who ever heard of a bad deviled egg!?!!) and honestly if they had a little lead in them I could forgive them.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Their Publix brand Caesar croutons are also really good and just take a salad to that next level and so convenient! Sometimes I just eat the croutons as a snack like chips or crackers. Nice and crunchy with just the right amount of garlick and honestly if they put a little lead in them I could forgive them.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I have to say I am also a big fan of the deli counter and bakery at Publix. Good boars head meats and they Have this really good bread called mountain bread or something baked fresh in the store and pre-sliced and dang it is so good. I wouldn’t be surprised if it has a little lead in it, but even if it did I could forgive them!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Those are just a few of my favorite (potentially lead based) products from Publix!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

The only other thing I would say about Publix is that the employees are all sooooo friendly and nice! Always happy to look for something in the back for you or order something or break down a big package! It’s probably from all the lead they feed them, but honestly I can forgive them-the results are sure worth it!

vanisher

down the hatch, or your money back.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Putty posted:

The lead weighs down the bubbles so it stays fizzy for longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam