Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Baby got a new ride today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mauser posted:

How much do those trailers weigh? Gonna get one eventually once I got a kid

This one ways just shy of 30lbs. I’ve found that the range of weights is generally around 20-30lbs depending on the type of trailer.

I’m excited to take it out. Will provably just take the baby for a walk in it with a helmet on to get her used to it at first though.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mauser posted:

Let us know how it goes! Also, what age can you start taking babies in these things? Working on the baby part now.

I think most people say around 10-12 months, and I guess some places have laws surrounding it. Some people take younger babies but it usually requires some sort of additional baby seat.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

maybe the poster with the years-long history of bad faith trolling is simply mistaken this time, better correct him just in case

one of my hotter takes in general is that i think he's partially right lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Someone messed up your bike real bad

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I outgrew panniers for groceries a while back and bought a cargo trailer. I knew it was time when I had to tie a reusable grocery bag to the side of the panniers to get all my poo poo home one time.

It's legit one of the best things I've ever bought tho.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cugel the Clever posted:

While we're on the subject of panniers, I'm curious what folks use for groceries. I picked up these a couple years back and they work great (albeit less so for 12-packs of soda), except the S hook is too small for the girth of the rack on my new Allant. I've seen trailers in use that would probably be a little more viable for large grocery runs, though now that the rack has proven unusable for these and not great for another pannier I've got, I'm worried I'll wind up buying and returninga bunch of stuff.

I bought a cargo trailer and never looked back personally. One of my best purchases.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cugel the Clever posted:

A trailer would probably best fit my soda-hauling needs, though need to look into finding one that's sufficiently collapsible for my limited storage space.

A Burley Nomad collapses pretty good. The top part of the frame collapses and the tow arm + wheels can be stored inside. These days I just hang mine up on the wall by the tow arm though.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yeah I was also gonna say I would not ride between them. I'd just pass on the grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
1x is fashionable right now.

I see enough complaints about the Enviolo hubs on reddit (although mainly in the context of cargo bikes) that I'm pretty suspicious of them.