Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sentient Data posted:

If you're a math nerd, I'll just say that an immense amount of work went into balancing the game. I created a database of literally every single combination of dice and the odds of each possible outcome of the different rolls. I used that as the foundation to create a tool that can objectively measure exactly how strong a character is - even accounting for the health pool, regen, armor, status effects, different attack types, and all kinds of other stuff. I plan to make a big post about the math side of developing the game as long as there's interest.

So does this mean everything is exactly as good as everything else and there is no point in trying to develop a unique strategy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sentient Data posted:

Absolutely - I'm putting together a script for a video, it's just slow going to create new content at the moment due to my day job, finishing up moving, and trying to argue with Amazon about letting me replace the prototype version of the game with the proper one.

Hopefully the latter two will be finished up soon, which will give me time to finish up the video and get in touch with game shops.

If anyone's willing to help make the video, shoot me a pm - I'm thinking of just commissioning it from someone who knows what they're doing on the production side.

You should set aside 20 copies of the game to mail to youtube boardgame "influencers". You can bribe them with a free copy to get a review video out of them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sentient Data posted:

If any of you have gotten a copy, speak up! I've sent out more than just a couple copies that used the "awful" code with nary a word, so I feel like the discount code was just scraped - fair warning that the discount code will be bumped down to 20% on the 5th and removed on the 12th. If anyone still wants the discount after that, just send me a PM or an email and I'll make a one-time code.

SA has 10x the number of lurkers to the number of active posters. I'm sure goons bought your game, its just lots of people are shy about posting.