Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Admit it. We all love our convenience stores. 7-Eleven. Circle K. AM-PM. Mac's.

I hit a bit of the big American ones with that list. I threw in one Canadian one. They were offering leeches last time I went to one and it was weird.

Question is... what is your go to order at a convenience store? Is there anything about your's that sucks a butt? Is there anything that owns? Tell us everything!

(I hope HugeGrossBurrito is fine with this)

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jul 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

For a short while I would buy wine or rum flavoured prime time cigarillos from Mac’s because I was a huge loser and thought my neighbour who smoked out on the common porch was cute and that I could meet her if I too had something to smoke and I didn’t smoke cigs. A powerful and sad look in2 my life.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I used to have a 7-11 that was right on my way back home from running on the beach, so I'd stop in there and get a big gulp of powerade and a cream cheese taquito.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I was big on the powerade big gulps for a while after I worked at an amusement park last year. They work well with cheap vodka.

Used to live right next to a 7-Eleven that had these "bourbon smoked" chicken wings that were super tasty and hella cheap. That was good.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I usually just get donuts of some kind

I hear kwik trip has good fried chicken but I haven't tried it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I used to get fries at 7-11 and cover them with the free chili and cheese, but then they shut the dispenser down because of covid

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
If you ain't Kum n Go-ing, you ain't Cum and Going.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Before the big chain around here absorbed them, Hess used to have :krad: Christmas toy trucks. You could light up all the lights and inside the trailer there was a helicopter and a motorcycle with their own batteries/lights. Those no longer exist.

My real lament as an adult is that those former Hess stations no longer have their incredibly greasy breakfast pizza. It had egg, cheese, and crumbled bacon on top, and each slice was like 3 slices worth of bacon. Powerful hangover cure.

Before the plague times, I would cheat instead of paying for nachos. I used to get a bag of Santitas tortilla chips ($2.00 ONLY!) and then would fill a small coffee cup with nacho cheese, chili, chopped onions, and pickled jalapeno slices from the roller grill. Big bag of chips and like 3 cups of complete nacho topping for the price of one "nachos" hot food item.

On the rare occasion I got a donut, I would also use a small coffee cup but fill it with whole milk from the coffee creamer dispenser. Cheaper than buying a single serve milk from the fridge.

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 27, 2020

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Quicktrip is the Cadillac of convenience stores in its geographic area. Sure it has a good selection and a decent kitchen, but the real reason to always choose quicktrip is they have the cleanest bathrooms bar none.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Around here's it's Sheetz. They have a pretty good soda fountain, ice cream machines, slushies, good kitchen, clean bathrooms. They also have free air for tires which is handy.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Worse ways to blow 3 bucks than the 711 chicken sandwich

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Jose Oquendo posted:

They also have free air for tires which is handy.

I don't know if it's some roving gang of luddite anarchists, but every single free air pump within 5 miles of my house has been vandalized in the last 2 years. Not shut off by the owner. Like they ripped the metal tip that connects to your tire off the hose. Or the hose was cut in half and the loose end was hanging out on the curb. Or the machine was visibly dented by many blows and no longer powers on. There was one that looked like a car hit it, so I can't really say whether it was malicious or not.

After trying to get free air at like 3 different stations last year, I went to the next closest gas station where you have to pay. Someone had jammed 3 quarters at the same time into the pay hole, and hammered it in or something. It was bent.

WHO IS PAYING THE TIRE PUMP GANGS TO RAVAGE MY HOMETOWN? WHAT DO THEY GAIN FROM DESTROYING FREE AND PAY PUMPS???

big tire, you motherfuckers...

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

We have a fried chicken franchise here called Krispy Krunchy Chicken whose main claim to fame is to sell inside small convenient stores and gas stations. Not Popeye's tier, but they work for the craving.

Back when I was a huge soda drinker, those places that sell those giant rear end 64+ oz fountain drinks for less than a buck were my go to for my soda addiction.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

"Your new address for CHICKEN" is an incredibly strange tagline.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Worse ways to blow 3 bucks than the 711 chicken sandwich

I was gonna say "wtf is a 7-Eleven chicken sandwich" then I realized I've eaten several of those and concur

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
only one convenient enough to bother with is a Circle K by my office. they have egg rolls on the roller that claim to only be 120 calories and aren't half bad

beyond that the pizza is surprisingly tasty. very doughy but generally just really good flavor and they always have pepp/jalapeno or sausage/jalapeno out

their hot dog buns are always rock solid stale though so i don't bother, otherwise i'd grab some of those on occasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

halokiller posted:

We have a fried chicken franchise here called Krispy Krunchy Chicken whose main claim to fame is to sell inside small convenient stores and gas stations. Not Popeye's tier, but they work for the craving.

Back when I was a huge soda drinker, those places that sell those giant rear end 64+ oz fountain drinks for less than a buck were my go to for my soda addiction.

Is that in a Dodge's by chance? Because Juicy J raps about it in a song called "Pulled Up."

Eating Dodge’s chicken in my loving Wraith
What can I say, greasy fingers
Spill some hot sauce on that leather suede ceiling
BBQ interior, collard green exterior

I don't know how he spilled his hot sauce up on to the ceiling though.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Jenny Agutter posted:

Quicktrip is the Cadillac of convenience stores in its geographic area. Sure it has a good selection and a decent kitchen, but the real reason to always choose quicktrip is they have the cleanest bathrooms bar none.

:agreed:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I'll gently caress up a gas station hot dog, esp if they let you put jalapenos on it.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsb2ohcrCLo

I could go for some of these beauties. Maybe even a dawg.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I want to know who would buy one of these and keep it operational in their house

https://www.amazon.com/Nostalgia-HDR8RR-Capacity-Stainless-Breakfast/dp/B07W1V6327

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Used thrice in 2 years and never cleaned, most likely.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

that must be a pain to clean

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

halokiller posted:

there is one of these in the student union building at college

its literally right next to a chick-fil-a

doritto
May 12, 2013

i got some actually really good chicken livers at a gas station convenience store recently, was very surprised.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

dsipal posted:

i got some actually really good chicken livers at a gas station convenience store recently, was very surprised.

And you lived to tell the tale. Talk about flirting with death.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I don't think I've -ever- purchased hot food from a gas station / convenience store.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I eat those Tornado things sometimes. And I used to eat this stuff called Dandee’s chicken sandwich and whatever made in Jacksonville but I got a bad one once and haven’t had it sense. I don’t have a favorite place but usually I go to the Kangaroo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What I understand is that if you’re eating gas station food your best option is Sheetz followed by Wawa. I haven’t been to either, Sheetz because they don’t have any in Florida, and Wawa because there are none convenient to my commutes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

Is that in a Dodge's by chance? Because Juicy J raps about it in a song called "Pulled Up."

Eating Dodge’s chicken in my loving Wraith
What can I say, greasy fingers
Spill some hot sauce on that leather suede ceiling
BBQ interior, collard green exterior

I don't know how he spilled his hot sauce up on to the ceiling though.

When I was a kid I startled my dad while he was stirring leftover spaghetti in a big container and he flung some of it onto the ceiling. He ate it off the ceiling after. Anyway maybe Juicy J was scared by something. Or went over a speed bump.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

BaconCopter posted:

If you ain't Kum n Go-ing, you ain't Cum and Going.

every loving time i mention stopping to get gas or something else at one of these place i always have yankees pause and "wtf" about it

it's such a good name

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Wawa coffee is better than Sbux

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

TheAardvark posted:

I want to know who would buy one of these and keep it operational in their house

https://www.amazon.com/Nostalgia-HDR8RR-Capacity-Stainless-Breakfast/dp/B07W1V6327

I want to know someone who would

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

Would you text them at midnight and say "u rollin?"

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

Hi. I have two hot dog rollers, a popcorn machine, a sno-cone machine and a fountain drink dispenser. My Dad has dementia and his favorite place to hang out was the local Circle-K and he can't do that anymore so I brought the Circle-K to him. The hot dog roller has hot dogs and eggrolls on it everyday at lunch.

You guys need to go to a Bucees. The top tier gas station with the best, cleanest, nicest bathrooms. The big one near me has the best burritos in town.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I’d love to go to a Bucees, but isn’t there only a handful left?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
There's never been more than a handful. There are 48 locations. I worked for the company when there were 3 of them. If they're closing locations I would be surprised. Whole beaver cults exist because of Bucees.

Beaver Cult. A real club that exists in Texas to worship a gas station company.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

There's a Buc-ee's about 45 minutes away from me and I've considered making the drive just to experience it.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Chief McHeath posted:

There's a Buc-ee's about 45 minutes away from me and I've considered making the drive just to experience it.

What the hell is wrong with you? "Consider making the drive"?

Buc-ee's is the greatest thing about Texas. Full stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

This ones in Alabama so it's probably much worse.