Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
7-Eleven has good coffee I get one at least 2-3 times a week. Plus all sizes are $1 right now. :coffeepal:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I only go to Bucees when I need gas (not often), but its worth it every time

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Going to 7-11 only to get 3 or 5 taquitos once or twice a week probably fits here.

....lol you have this function on?

Waste of space.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I've worked at a Casey's for like, 6 years it's pretty OK so I don't really visit any other convenience stores. I think it's the only chain around that doesn't have some kind of roller grill, which is kinda weird but fine with me since I don't need any more equipment to clean.

Pizza is pretty decent if you get one made by someone who actually gives a gently caress, we make our dough in house, none of that frozen bs. Everything else is frozen though, except the cake donuts. And I've heard they were thinking about switching those over too.

We have a MTO sub bar in ours which is OK, basically a mini Subway. It was shut down until just this week cuz of Covid but it's back in action.

They're doing some kind of big re-branding thing now so we have name brand soda and stuff now which is pretty on par for other store brand stuff. The root beer is surprisingly good.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

the beatles - Amnesiac posted:

The root beer is surprisingly good.

Root beer is one of the few things where every brand actually is different and has a distinct flavor. It's not a set recipe and things vary wildly between name brand, store brand, no-name, and home-made.

Wegmans root beer is the best store brand I have ever tried. Their other sodas are mediocre but they make a flavorful root beer. Great for floats.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Mug, Pepsi's root beer, is terrible garbage. A&W isn't great, either.

Most other root beers I've had are good. I also vaguely remember one from my childhood that straight-up had a Mario sprite on the can? Gimme dat sarsaparilla.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I miss Hires, I heard they still make it in Texas but couldn't find it anywhere online for sale.

----------------

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Best root beer is Sprecher’s if you can find it. As for the big guys, Barq’s is ok

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

all root beer is terrible garbage

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Root beer tastes like toothpaste.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Dr. Pepper ruined root beer for me tbqh.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wow look at all these ROOT BEER HATING losers posting in succession

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

There's an online place with an absolute dick load of different varieties available called the root beer store and I'm tempted to buy about 50.

----------------

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I have Sheetz, Wawa, and Royal Farms nearby.

It's basically convenience store heaven.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

wow look at all these ROOT BEER HATING losers posting in succession

not our fault root beer sucks :colbert:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

fizzymercy posted:

I've said this for years and everyone I've said it to has reacted like they had no idea what I was talking about. But it's true.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I like root beer occasionally. I never buy it for home, but if I'm out to eat somewhere and they have it, I'll get it, especially if it's something bottled like Stewarts.

----------------

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Fartington Butts posted:

A&W isn't great, either.

Wrong.

Mug and Barqs (first time I ever had Barqs I threw up later that night, never had it again) are both garbage though.

Also Mac's doesn't exist anymore in English Canada, they were rebranded into Circle K's by the owner of Circle K, a Quebec company called Couche-Tard.

I prefer 711 to Circle K, their hot food is much better.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Mother gently caress. I went to 7-Eleven and decided to get me some combos because I don't think I've ever had these tasty pizza salt treats before.

THEY DON'T HAVE THEM AT MY LOCAL 7-ELEVEN AND I HAD TO GET ITALIAN GARDETTOS INSTEAD WHAT IS THIS poo poo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fartington Butts posted:

Mother gently caress. I went to 7-Eleven and decided to get me some combos because I don't think I've ever had these tasty pizza salt treats before.

THEY DON'T HAVE THEM AT MY LOCAL 7-ELEVEN AND I HAD TO GET ITALIAN GARDETTOS INSTEAD WHAT IS THIS poo poo

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

halokiller posted:

Dr. Pepper ruined root beer for me tbqh.
We don't have Dr. Pepper but we have Mr. Pibb if that's okay? *takes a step back in preemptive self-defense*

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Do you have Pibb Xtra?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Fartington Butts posted:

gardetto's are the best

but I dunno about the Italian ones wtf

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he may mean the italian cheese, which are disgusting

original gardetto's are literally the best salty snack tho

----------------

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
the italian ones have like garlic and other seasonings.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That sounds awfully spicy.

----------------

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
I'm very upset that the pandemic has left all the local convenience stores leaving their hot food stations nonoperative in the city and leaving me without taquitos for months.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

kuddles posted:

I'm very upset that the pandemic has left all the local convenience stores leaving their hot food stations nonoperative in the city and leaving me without taquitos for months.

My corner shop has had them back for a few months now, and they are even on sale!

...haven't bought one though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Best root beer is Sprecher’s if you can find it. As for the big guys, Barq’s is ok

You can buy it online from their stores. It's fairly affordable for the soda but the shipping is pretty oppressive.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Faygo does a really good root beer, and their cream soda is like boutique quality

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RandomFerret posted:

Faygo does a really good root beer, and their cream soda is like boutique quality

Isn't this the ICP-approved brand

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I like to go to Maverik and get soft serve ice cream and biscuits and gravy

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I like to go to Maverik and get soft serve ice cream and biscuits and gravy

Need I even ask the question, do you put the soft serve ice cream on the biscuits and gravy?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Of course. They also have Chuck Norris branded waters and energy drinks. Maverik is a very weird store.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

MakaVillian posted:

Wrong.

Mug and Barqs (first time I ever had Barqs I threw up later that night, never had it again) are both garbage though.

Also Mac's doesn't exist anymore in English Canada, they were rebranded into Circle K's by the owner of Circle K, a Quebec company called Couche-Tard.

I prefer 711 to Circle K, their hot food is much better.

IBC Root Beer is fantastic

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Maverick probably had the best convenience store food I ever had until Quik Trip started their kitchen. Also I like that they have locations in some places even too remote for Circle K because I have stopped there on some brutal road trips and spent like 15 minutes at 3:00 AM browsing their jerky or whatever just for a chance to shake the road off a little bit.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Been eating Krispy Krunchy cajun chicken sandwiches from the Kangaroo lately, OP. Not gonna say it's good but it might be the best chicken sandwich you can eat away from a Sheetz or whatever other gas station.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Isn't this the ICP-approved brand

It is, but to be fair Faygo is huge with pretty much anyone that grew up in Michigan. Even if you're not a juggalo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Been eating Krispy Krunchy cajun chicken sandwiches from the Kangaroo lately, OP. Not gonna say it's good but it might be the best chicken sandwich you can eat away from a Sheetz or whatever other gas station.

Does it bother you that you're endorsing a product that is clearly meant to be a 'clever' reference to 'KKK'? It would bother me, is what I'm saying.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
7-11 hamburger hot dogs.

I eat them.