Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

I miss Royal Farms. Their fried chicken was really good.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Does it bother you that you're endorsing a product that is clearly meant to be a 'clever' reference to 'KKK'? It would bother me, is what I'm saying.

I don’t see how that’s the case mate.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can you read the name of the store and product

piss boner
May 17, 2003

It's not an exclusive brand to Kangaroo. All kinds of gas stations have them.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

wonderful. good for them.
The store and product combining to have three words all staring with K to form the initials 'KKK' in this particular case is 'problematic' is the half-joking line I was taking.

I'm glad I really needed to spell this out that specifically for everyone.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Everyone knew what your trying to say but it was really clumsy so I no-sold that rear end kid.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Get loving no-sold while I enjoy a tasty gas station chicken sandwich. Pussy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Maybe I loving will, how about THAT, PAL

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

You're definitely thinking a little hard with the KKK thing, superchief.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
which is worse

a fast food chicken sandy with a KKK dogwhistle name

or

a fast food chicken sandy that excludes birth control from employee insurance on religious grounds

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Fartington Butts posted:

You're definitely thinking a little hard with the KKK thing, superchief.

:agreed:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

David Duke invented the sandwich and sold me one personally when I went there

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I was just at 7-Eleven and a dude ordered 5 steak and cheese taquitos and I want you all to know that man is a hero.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I respect the hell out of that.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

David Duke invented the sandwich and sold me one personally when I went there

that was david EARL of sandwich

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fartington Butts posted:

I was just at 7-Eleven and a dude ordered 5 steak and cheese taquitos and I want you all to know that man is a hero.

ive been getting the jalapeno cream cheese ones whenever i go to 7-Eleven, they pwn hard (as does that man)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

It's an older thread, but does anyone have any love for Cumberland Farms? Their hot dogs and pizza aren't terrible.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Sheetz vs Wawa.

Nothing at Sheetz is as good as a Wawa hoagie.

But you can't get a breakfast quesarito and loaded fries at 3am at Wawa.

So in the end it's a push.

Neither is as good as Bucee's though; I've gone an hour out of my way for that son of a bitch beaver before.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This thread has given me the bad idea of driving to the closest Buc-ees. No stop don't think that it's really stupid.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Okay crisis averted because in a slightly shorter drive, I could go to Zion or the north rim of the Grand Canyon and there's MAVERICKS there which is a great convenience store, no need to face the unknown.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Anderson Koopa posted:

It's an older thread, but does anyone have any love for Cumberland Farms? Their hot dogs and pizza aren't terrible.

I don’t really gently caress with Cumbie’s hot foods, but they are a godsend for traveling in the New England area. The most premium convenience store around, especially if you get one of the new wave renovated ones. Knowing you can access a decent bathroom and have access to a nice selection of drinks and candy is where it’s at.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
cumbies fuckin rips. it has been a while since I ate some hot food there but the last time I was on a bender with some friends in vermont, the only thing nearby open late was a cumberland farms and we lived off of that stuff for three days straight.

some of the best coffee too imo, all around one of the best gas station shops

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I forgot that some truly deluxe cumbies also have a deep fryer and will make you fried mac n cheese or buffalo tenders. That obviously whips, I just don’t see it too often.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I live within 7 minutes of a Sheetz, Wawa, Royal Farms, and 7/11, and fondly remember getting pretzel schmeltz years ago that were fantastic. I thought Sheetz would be great, and it is, but I just quickly got tired of their mostly fried stuff. Are their sandwiches any good?

I will devour RoFo western fries, though. Not the best I've ever had, but the fact that they carry them at all makes them worth it. Also their breakfast sandwiches are good.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Anderson Koopa posted:

boston goon checking in and i stan for cumby's

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Wawa Cheeseburger is pretty huge for the price, and the quality is actually pretty good considering you can add all sorts of toppings to it.

its like a 5 Guys, but 1/3 the price

----------------

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The breakfast burritos at Wawa are loving terrible. I got a bacon one and a sausage one and the meat was ground up in a slurry with some of the worst textured eggs I’ve ever eaten. Horrible. The hash browns are boss though.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FBS posted:

What the hell is wrong with you? "Consider making the drive"?

Buc-ee's is the greatest thing about Texas. Full stop.

i'm actually driving to texas in a few months, is there anything in particular about the Buc-ee's experience i need to look out for

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
the hot bar foods are all pretty good, if you haven't had a texas kolache they're like giant pigs-in-a-blanket and delicious, and also gently caress-ees because they fuckin discontinued the peanut butter overbites which were reeses peanut butter cups except hockey pucks

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Szyznyk posted:

The breakfast burritos at Wawa are loving terrible. I got a bacon one and a sausage one and the meat was ground up in a slurry with some of the worst textured eggs I’ve ever eaten. Horrible. The hash browns are boss though.

the big ones you order at the kisoks, or the small ones by the hot ready to go ones?

----------------

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

GateOfD posted:

the big ones you order at the kisoks, or the small ones by the hot ready to go ones?

The grab-n-go ones by the cash register. Food I have to wait and have prepared doesn’t count as gas station food. And I’m probably spoiled having so many Mexican owned gas stations with excellent food.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'm actually driving to texas in a few months, is there anything in particular about the Buc-ee's experience i need to look out for

it's a gas station that's popular with folks that would be disney adults if they lived in orlando. avoid it and you won't miss anything

----------------

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

i say swears online posted:

it's a gas station that's popular with folks that would be disney adults if they lived in orlando. avoid it and you won't miss anything

Hey gently caress you

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

I went once, nothing you're saying is wrong. Hilariously overrated.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bum the Sad posted:

Hey gently caress you

beaver nuggets are just corn syrup

----------------

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Yall like race trac

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol I haven't seen one in forever. one opened near me in the late 90s and it was the first time I ever saw a soda dispenser with the extra flavors like vanilla

----------------

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

lol I haven't seen one in forever. one opened near me in the late 90s and it was the first time I ever saw a soda dispenser with the extra flavors like vanilla

drat they’re real popular around here. They have good kolaches

----------------

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Everyone should experience Bucee's once. After that if you want to take the goon route of contrarianism and hating anything where people might be go for it, and be warned it is full loving Texas so if that offends you on a deep personal basis maybe disregard the previous advice, but it's something that has to be seen for yourself.

And go poop in the toilets they're considered the best for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sorry if it OFFENDS you libs but I'll be at the gas station tourist trap with real americans

----------------