Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

i say swears online posted:

sorry if it OFFENDS you libs but I'll be at the gas station tourist trap with real americans

:911: :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It's not contrarianism, I went to Bucee's expecting it to be amazing. What I got was picking through a shockingly sparse collection of sodas to wash down a thoroughly mediocre BBQ sandwich (albeit noticably fresh) that was horribly overpriced.

I weaved through a giant crowd of people for an experience that wasn't appreciably better than what I can get at basically any random Pilot.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
buddy how many goddamn sodas types do you want

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Everyone should experience Bucee's once. After that if you want to take the goon route of contrarianism and hating anything where people might be go for it, and be warned it is full loving Texas so if that offends you on a deep personal basis maybe disregard the previous advice, but it's something that has to be seen for yourself.

And go poop in the toilets they're considered the best for a reason.

Despite Philadelphia’s reputation as a place where people will poo poo literally anywhere and everywhere the Wawa bathrooms are top notch.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

C. Everett Koop posted:

buddy how many goddamn sodas types do you want

The soda types available in 1999, before half the case became taken up with energy drinks. At least slip some Sparks in there, as a treat.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AvesPKS posted:

At least slip some Sparks in there, as a treat.

oh god i just had a flashback to sitting on a mattress on the ground in 2005, crushing these and watching smiley face with friends

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

AvesPKS posted:

The soda types available in 1999, before half the case became taken up with energy drinks. At least slip some Sparks in there, as a treat.

Why are you getting bottled sodas when there's a million billion on tap, and that's just their home flavors.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

didn't know RaceTrack was a chain or something.
I seen one near me, but thought it was just a generic gas station convenience store name

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Like honestly C. you are doing more to talk me out of Buccees than talk me into it. I like there to be a billion sodas at some place like Quik Trip.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
thought about getting me a big sausage on a stick when we stopped by bucees today but they’re got dang seven and a half bucks. I just paid an extra buck for a burrito full of mayo instead.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i hear the buc-ee's bidets use ranch

----------------

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

my b-hole has never been zestier

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

the one in florence uses bbq mustard sauce

if they do build one in nc i hope it's vinegar sauce, want to keep my butthole hfcs clean

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

amaguri posted:

my b-hole has never been zestier

can confirm

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

7/11 has their own branded bottled green tea with ginseng and honey now but it's made with sugar instead of hfcs and goddamn if it doesn't taste smooth. if it's worth the extra 19 cents over the arizona is a judgement call you'll have to make for yourself.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat, Maverik has Barqs Red in the fountain. Just seeing it at all on this side of the continental divide is wild.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

buoyed by the surprising success of their knockoff arizona tea i decided to try 7/11's watermelon juice cocktail

ABORT ABORT DO NOT FCKKIN DRINK

it tasted like goddamn medicine

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

For a few months a few years ago 7/11 had plain seltzer water available in the soda section but it didn't last very long.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

i always felt bad charging people the same price for seltzer water as regular soda from the fountain dispenser.
like if people just ask for a cup of ice water, I can pour it for them and give it to them. But ohhh, small seltzer water? That be $3

----------------

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The coward new owners are going to change the name of Kum & Go

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

7-11 Rib Sandwich best Rib Sandwich, even better cold

----------------

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jenny Agutter posted:

The new name will just be Kum & Pay

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

Formerly Chuck’s

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

My local 7/11 started selling some Indian snack mixes, very good stuff. One of the flavors has dried curry leaves in it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ziv Zulander posted:

My local 7/11 started selling some Indian snack mixes, very good stuff. One of the flavors has dried curry leaves in it

i get this stuff sometimes.

----------------

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Wawa has pizza now

gotta try that

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Apparently Bucc ees is coming to Arizona. Goodyear of all places, which used to be a half-hour west of Phoenix but honestly at this point pretty much is just a part of its greater footprint. That's kind of wild since there's going to be like a state and a half between it and the next nearest one. It is in an interesting location, as it will be on the path the vast, vast majority of traffic from LA to the East goes through.

I'm not so sure I would stop there though other for the novelty of seeing it once. If I'm heading to California, I hosed up if I have to get off the freeway for any reason at all between Tucson and like, Quartzite. Maybe Tolleson if I forgot to pick up food or fill my tank before I left. But getting off and getting back on a freeway in the Phoenix metro adds like 30 minutes to the drive just on its own, not counting any time you stop there. And coming east, if I'm on the ten, that's the point of the drive where I'm on a motherfucking mission to get home and am not stopping for anything two hours out.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

My local 7-Eleven added a self checkout which is awesome for bypassing the line of 4 people buying scratchers for 20 minutes.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
They’re building a Bucees near me in Colorado, supposed to have like 100 gas pumps. I’ll give it a go when it’s done.

My go to used to be Maverik, they were everywhere in Utah. The chorizo breakfast burrito was hella greasy but decent enough. Nowadays I just go to quiktrip or circle K

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

theres to many people at buccees. U cant even get a pump half the time. gently caress bucees

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hate the beaver with my life!!

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Out in WI we have Kwik Trips that basically do a Walmart and buy up all the competition and then raise all the prices. When they come in, they have a huge selection of hot burgers, mcrib clones, super burgs, grilled cheese, chickens, taquitos, everything. And they're all $1.50-$3 each and run weekday specials where they're even cheaper. The food is like ballpark quality - edible, but not loving terrible. They have decent take home pizzas and meals for $5. Then once they get the competition gone, they jack that poo poo up. All the hot food jumps to $4-6. The pizzas are $10. I feel bad for the small towns that get excited for them. They also refuse to sell condoms because.. yeah.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Philthy posted:

They also refuse to sell condoms because.. yeah.

'cause it doesn't feel good for them to wear one while they're loving you

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Philthy posted:

They also refuse to sell condoms because.. yeah.

Nikumatic posted:

'cause it doesn't feel good for them to wear one while they're loving you

lol

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

A new 7-11 opened near me last year and they have a lemonade slurpee? machine next to the regular slurpee machine, which I had never seen before. With blueberry strawberry and raspberry add ins. Really good and tart too. I'd never seen one before.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I stopped off at the 7/11 after work today, and a Monster van pulled up into the spot beside me. When I was checking out I saw two women talking with an employee saying that they’re from Monster, and that they’re going to do their survey. I wonder what a Monster survey entails? Crazy to think about

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

AvesPKS posted:

A new 7-11 opened near me last year and they have a lemonade slurpee? machine next to the regular slurpee machine, which I had never seen before. With blueberry strawberry and raspberry add ins. Really good and tart too. I'd never seen one before.

i've passed up on the lemonade slurpee every time because i'm usually stopping in during the mornings and grabbing coffee if anything, but i've occasionally started hitting them up for lunch now that i'm travelling during the workday a lot more and so i tried it today thanks to your post.

pretty good lemonade slurpee; raspberry flavor thing didn't work. leaned more on the "mountain dew" style of artificial lemon flavor imo but still tasty.

also as fast food prices continue to skyrocket, the 2 tacos and a big gulp for six bucks combo ain't bad.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Nikumatic posted:

i've passed up on the lemonade slurpee every time because i'm usually stopping in during the mornings and grabbing coffee if anything, but i've occasionally started hitting them up for lunch now that i'm travelling during the workday a lot more and so i tried it today thanks to your post.

pretty good lemonade slurpee; raspberry flavor thing didn't work. leaned more on the "mountain dew" style of artificial lemon flavor imo but still tasty.

also as fast food prices continue to skyrocket, the 2 tacos and a big gulp for six bucks combo ain't bad.

That 7/11 also has Mtn Dew Pitch Black Slurpee flavor which is a grape citrus flavor, so I've been mixing it with the lemonade slurpee and they complement each other favorably.

I am also amazed by the fact that you can fill up a giant Big Gulp full of Slurpee for like $2.25, and have a Slurpee for a few days.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My mom used to mix lemonade and grape juice sometimes when I was a kid... She called it purple.. It is delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Purplesaurus Rex was half lemonade half grape Kool-Aid, iirc.