Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
By using "average", I presume you mean.

Bale - Possibly great
Vicinius - Good
Doherty - Good
Rodon - Untested
Reguilon - Good
Hart - Horrendous dogshit

and all this averages out to average with how bad Hart is.

That's how I'm reading it.

Bale to spurs is a comedy option I wouldn't have considered at any point a real possibility, but gently caress me, 2020 is a black comedy year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

By using "average", I presume you mean.

Bale - Possibly great
Vicinius - Good
Doherty - Good
Rodon - Untested
Reguilon - Good
Hart - Horrendous dogshit

and all this averages out to average with how bad Hart is.

That's how I'm reading it.

Bale to spurs is a comedy option I wouldn't have considered at any point a real possibility, but gently caress me, 2020 is a black comedy year.

Who do you think sassassin supports

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
The wrong team. :smug:

I'm right either way.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I support Spurs. Rodon, Davies, Bale, Jose, Sissoko. All the stars.

My second club is now Newport because all the Swans development lads are ending up there. League Two won't know what's hit it.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 16, 2020

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Deal sheet for Benrahma went through on time. Apparently, he didn't even properly fail his medical. There was something in the blood chart that didn't look right and Sullivan used it as an excuse to renegotiate. It's become close as to who hates their board more: West Ham or Newcastle

Claiming an issue in the medical almost seems like a smart move here, we've got an obligation to buy at the end of the season on a player that wasn't Moyes' top choice, but we can apparently cancel the transfer if the issue in the medical presents itself, ie he turns out not to be up to it in the Prem

It's still dodgy as hell and incredibly on brand for the Daves, but it's maybe less stupid than it sounds?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You sold a player to West Brom that incited a player revolt and he's been great in the Prem so far, and signed some Colaship dross to replace him.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shrapnig posted:

You sold a player to West Brom that incited a player revolt and he's been great in the Prem so far, and signed some Colaship dross to replace him.

Classic West Ham move there, no doubt about it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Classic West Ham move there, no doubt about it

How's the 8 series running if you still have it Steve?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shrapnig posted:

How's the 8 series running if you still have it Steve?

Got it back from the auto elec a couple days ago, its been in the shop for a bit cos its full of a million relays that are all taking it turn to fail, and the windows wouldn't auto drop to let the doors open for a while. Seems to be all good now but I'm getting pretty tired of spending money on fixing what is a rapidly deteriorating over-engineered electrical system so it'll probably get transfer listed soonish

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Got it back from the auto elec a couple days ago, its been in the shop for a bit cos its full of a million relays that are all taking it turn to fail, and the windows wouldn't auto drop to let the doors open for a while. Seems to be all good now but I'm getting pretty tired of spending money on fixing what is a rapidly deteriorating over-engineered electrical system so it'll probably get transfer listed soonish

Can we take this post and make it the background of AI?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

I don't know who the guy on the far left is but he looks like Amy Adams' doppelgänger.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
It's Giovanni Ribisi

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

In a shocking turn, Neymar to Olympique Marseille is a done deal.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Jason Sextro posted:

What

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Jason Sextro posted:

Ban this sick filth

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
e: wrong thread

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jason Sextro posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thank you gg for doin the needful

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

brocked posted:

It's Giovanni Ribisi

I enjoyed this

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

hell, same

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Looks like Nile Ranger could be joining AC Sutton of the Barnet Sunday league. What the hell happened to this guy (other than his arrests)? Seemed like he had so much potential.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54574522

Lol that apparently a five aside league folding is what's prompted this

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Just a terrible attitude married with unremarkable talent I think. If he had a good attitude he might have made it is a journeyman pro but his behaviour was so bad he was too toxic to take the risk on, given his ability. There are plenty of unknowns who do the same, I think it's a combination of Newcastle bringing him through and his name that made his decline stand out a bit more. A very good friend of mine came through the academy at City then turned pro at Blackburn, he was a great talent but as an 18 year old on £1000 a week back then he was more interested in going out clubbing and all the attention that came with it (skipping queues, female attention etc) than knuckling down and making a career so he washed out. Not that I would have done any different in his (my friend, not Nile Danger Ranger) shoes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ah that reminds me, time for my six monthly check on ravel morrison to see if I’m surprised where he’s at this time

E: indeed

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

ah that reminds me, time for my six monthly check on ravel morrison to see if I’m surprised where he’s at this time

hey he's made one appearance and the season is still young yet, the sky's the limit

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
In a sport with a LOT of bad tattoos, Ranger's has to be close to the top

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

I watched a podcast with him and he came across as friendly but incredibly loving stupid and with the naivety of a child. At one point he explains he literally can’t get out of bed to go to training and then states he “thinks” it’s because he falls asleep in front of the TV at 3 in the morning. Giving someone like that a 5 year deal for £20k a week is the most Newcastle thing ever

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

quite a career he's had

still only 27 so there's probably room for like 15 more clubs on there by the time he retires

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

6 goals in 15 games for QPR isn't bad

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

sebzilla posted:

7 years ago, sure

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

sebzilla posted:

He's still remembered with a lot of affection by West Ham fans, he had a couple of seasons of being the Next Big Thing and scored a couple of nice goals, and the consensus seems to be if he'd been under a manager that wasn't Big Sam he might have gone on to be something, but Allardyce despite his reputation has always had a soft spot for a flair midfielder, Morrison was just another of those Next Great English Players that it turns out can't hack it when they're no longer the best player on the pitch.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I will always love him for that goal against Spurs op

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

An Actual Bear posted:

I watched a podcast with him and he came across as friendly but incredibly loving stupid and with the naivety of a child. At one point he explains he literally can’t get out of bed to go to training and then states he “thinks” it’s because he falls asleep in front of the TV at 3 in the morning. Giving someone like that a 5 year deal for £20k a week is the most Newcastle thing ever

At one point he had more career arrest than career league goals. I always thought he had potential, but didn't give a poo poo and had problems off field.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

quite a career he's had

still only 27 so there's probably room for like 15 more clubs on there by the time he retires

He's no Freddy Adu but he is four years younger.

Freddy Adu who just signed for a 3rd division team in Sweden that doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He's still remembered with a lot of affection by West Ham fans, he had a couple of seasons of being the Next Big Thing and scored a couple of nice goals, and the consensus seems to be if he'd been under a manager that wasn't Big Sam he might have gone on to be something, but Allardyce despite his reputation has always had a soft spot for a flair midfielder, Morrison was just another of those Next Great English Players that it turns out can't hack it when they're no longer the best player on the pitch.

Wasn't there some dodgy stuff involving allardyce and agents? Although the way Morrisons career played out maybe he needed the same agent

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Allardyce is the kind of manager who wants players to sign for his agent or they never get to play.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big Sam would spend half the week in Dubai and let his agent pick the team using stats.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

sassassin posted:

Big Sam would spend half the week in Dubai and let his agent pick the team using stats.

so me playing Football Manager???

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

sebzilla posted:

i saw two of them. wonderful to watch him but i think any of us could have scored against this yeovil defence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ZZOHVMFsU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Newcastle signed some lad who came for a trial and banged in an overhead kick apparently.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sebzilla posted:

Newcastle signed some lad who came for a trial and banged in an overhead kick apparently.

Is that the French bloke who was playing like 5th div in Australia while working as a laborer last season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bogan Krkic posted:

Is that the French bloke who was playing like 5th div in Australia while working as a laborer last season?

Yep. Mates with Saint-Maximin which is how he got the trial.