Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I loved the poignant little moment when old bill tells current bill he was sorry for all the times he let him down. You never have, bill :unsmith:

That whole part managed to be touching and hilarious at the same time.

I liked this flick a lot overall. I also liked how the daughters go further and further back in time to get a musician the last one they saw would respect a lot because you have the dads and the daughters each going to the future and the past respectively to find answers when them together in the present was the answer. :unsmith:

It really did feel like some stuff was cut though, not that I think Bill+Ted needs to be a three hour epic or something but this was definitely a movie made in 2020 where no one's allowed to just, like, exist and hang out for a little bit.

I was so happy to see Death again too. Like Bill and Ted literally confront their old, dying selves, then make their peace with death, then embrace encouraging their daughters, and I liked how the dad was worked into the story too with that. He comes off like an rear end in a top hat at the beginning of the movie, but he turns out to be correct, that Bill+Ted have to get over their own personal obsession with their destiny and be role models for their daughters and guide them, but not in the way he expected. That stuff was handled really well and consistently throughout the movie which makes the nitpicks stand out more I guess.

As for Dennis, I liked the implication from Rufus' daughter and the robot's own insecurities that them making a time travelling killbot is a very unusual thing for them to do. And while his bit did get old after a bit all the short "oh nos" facial reactions and deliveries from him were great throughout. I dug it. The first time he introduces himself in full was good.

There was no way this movie was going to be as good as Bogus Journey but I'm really happy with what we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Lurdiak posted:

I know this movie had a tiny budget but I am really surprised they didn't visit their younger selves at any point, even for a brief moment during a montage.

My only " wish they had more budget/time" nitpick with the movie is I wish that when people got lasered and died they got to still walk around as ghosts for a bit before going to hell just because them having desaturated versions of the clothing they were wearing while they died instead of a special effect in Bogus Journey is one of my favorite touches ever in any more.