Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Spoiler question for everyone else who watched it: Did it seem like the Princesses had a deleted storyline where their old selves were actually Bill & Ted or the daughters dressed up to show the wives what Bill and Ted were going through or show how they love them or shouldn't leave them or something? The "Logan/Preston is really the daughters" thing was so obvious, and they never show the old princesses up close, so I got suspicious. In the end, nothing really happened and the old Princesses disappeared and I was left wondering "what was the point of that other than getting them to the final concert?"

Otherwise I agree with everything said. It's no Excellent Adventure, but it's far from Dumb and Dumber To. Stretched thin but still fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

TheMopeSquad posted:

She really was bad. The daughters were probably the worst part of the movie they didn't have much going on and not much personality. Which sucks because Samara is great.

Yeah the daughters were the worst part for me, I wish they had let them be their own characters instead of just impersonating the dads as much as possible. Plus I felt like their adventure and the dads' adventure cut into eachother's time, and if I'm going to watch one, I'd prefer to spend more time with the dads.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

It definitely feels like there was some cut content like with the princess stuff. Also there's the whole thing where after Bill and Ted get done talking to the oldest version of themselves the phone booth is gone, which never gets addressed.

Look out the window of the nursing home.

I'm still convinced they weren't really the old princesses in the original script. Especially the weird way they waved at them outside the therapist's office.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

Anyway, a nice enough and upbeat story about two guys dealing with the fact that their promised greatness never came. They address this first by trying to find the success they believed is their entitlement but, failing that, make peace with death (literally) and support the next generation in saving the world. This is the happiest, most upbeat movie about global warming you'll find.

Read this the other night but wanted to come back and say :yeah: great take

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I'm 31 and I only know him from Day and Night. My wife thought his name was David Cudi because I guess she thought Memories was made by one person. That said, I rolled my eyes when he showed up because I thought he was just there to exist like the bag of flaming hot cheetos but he justified his role pretty well for me and I thought he did a good job