Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

YggiDee posted:

I love the new battle track so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdqGq0rZ5LU

Here's a proper version of it without us yapping over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
God, an eight-minute long battle theme. The absolute decadence. The bongos! The choir!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I could only think of 1 song during the usual god speech and come-uppance in 72 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
- I am unclear why just the Bionis's shoulder remains floating in mid-air when the rest of it had a big lie-down.
- I like that Melia's starting weapon is called "World Ender".
- Ughhhh TWO Nopon party members? At least you didn't NEED to use Riki.
- I'm not entirely sure why Shulk or Melia would think that there'd be people in Alcamoth, since I thought everyone there was turned into a Telethia and the survivors fled.
- This flower scene is still going on? Why?
- Where is the source of that waterfall coming from?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

There seems to be a weird audio desync with the gameplay audio once Shulk and Nene's heart-to-heart starts up and runs for the rest of the video. It starts right on the line where Nene mentions venturing into Makna Forest, if that helps narrow it down.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I guess you could say that that heart-to-heart made it skip a beat :haw:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

There seems to be a weird audio desync with the gameplay audio once Shulk and Nene's heart-to-heart starts up and runs for the rest of the video. It starts right on the line where Nene mentions venturing into Makna Forest, if that helps narrow it down.

That's weird, I don't see it on my end? Does anyone else get this?

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I did. I was listening to the uncut version.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
- I don't really trust that helpful High Entia. There's something about him which rubs me the wrong way. I mean, something other than the blatant racism.

- The reason for the changes to heart-to-hearts and crystal mining (and the removal of the skill tree, among other things) seem straightforward to me: this is a much, MUCH shorter experience. At best it'll be a tenth of the regular game. There aren't going to be hundreds of battles to build up affinity for heart-to-hearts and the skill tree. You won't be gathering hundreds of crystals and refining them into cylinders and gems and refining the cylinders into more gems.

- However, while some changes make sense, I don't understand removing Chain Attacks.

- I think when I used Melia, I had her first summon be Volt to buff her Ether so that her own attacks would be stronger. I don't actually know whether higher party STR or higher Ether up makes battles faster, or even how much of an effect higher Ether is for her.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 29, 2021

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm glad nobody in the party aside from the literal children trusts Gael'Gar any farther than they could throw the Bionis.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ChaosArgate posted:

No desync here, boss. Watched the Uncut version. Everything looked fine.

Also I don't know if anybody pointed this out already, but removing Chain Attacks also makes Kino a lot more useful than Sharla. In the main game, with enough Skill Links and such, most of your healing came from Chain Attacks, so you didn't need Sharla's direct healing. Not so much anymore. I actually had Kino in my party most of the time.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ChaosArgate posted:

I should mention that there wasn't any obvious desync that I remember for me watching the Uncut video, either.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

Yes, right around 10:50 it looks like the video skips ahead about 2 seconds but the audio does not, and then at about 11:40 it syncs back up.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Re: desync, I think it's somehow a player bug.
For me it started during the heart to heart, I solved it by switching resolution from 720p to 1080p, and trying to seek backwards kept the desync in 720 but solved it in 1080.
I tried to reload the video later on and there was no desync even in the parts where it desynced previously so :shrug: it's not a video problem.

Commander Keene posted:

I'm glad nobody in the party aside from the literal children trusts Gael'Gar any farther than they could throw the Bionis.

Well, they managed to throw the Bionis pretty far one year ago so the analogy doesn't really work.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

- I don't really trust that helpful High Entia. There's something about him which rubs me the wrong way. I mean, something other than the blatant racism.

It's the eyes, isn't it?

Also way to NOT read his empress, considering how much she loved her deceased pureblood brother and father.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm not sure I'm ready for Unlimited Nopon Works.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
- MonolithSoft seems to really, really love their Nopon. I do not. At all.
- No, Melia, we really don't want to help. I don't know what it is, but I guarantee that we absolutely do not want to talk or do anything to spend any time whatsoever with this thing.
- $%!@&*ing ELEVEN? We need to find ELEVEN other little shits? No. gently caress off.
- I don't care what the reward is, this whole quest chain and everything about it can just gently caress off.
- Twelve. Following you around all the time. Constantly, loving constantly talking in battle.

EDIT: Apparently, sometimes hyperbole for the sake of comedic effect becomes non-comedic.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 3, 2021

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
This is why I always mute the videos whenever I'm commentating.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Buddy, I can see that you're perhaps a little upset by the Nopon, but maybe going on a five bullet point rant about how the Nopon are so offensive to you that you would cause self-harm is not the way to go.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
"Has Monolith ever done a game with a four character party?"

Truly, X might as well not exist. :smith:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

"Has Monolith ever done a game with a four character party?"

Truly, X might as well not exist. :smith:

Completely flew over my mind that that game had a 4 character party system.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Honestly I genuinely thought it was 3 because you have to bring Lin and Elma to literally every important mission.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm not sure I'm ready for Unlimited Nopon Works.

For what it's worth, they're mostly silent during battle. No unending stream of meh meh meh.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
We Measure!
Find Treasure!
Ponspectors 'til we die!

Honestly the Ponspectors were my favorite part of Future Connected.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Nopon? More like Neinpon. Tenpon. Elevenpon...

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Always more pon than you spect.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Nopon? More like Neinpon. Tenpon. Elevenpon...

Jyu ni nopon

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Artix posted:

Honestly I genuinely thought it was 3 because you have to bring Lin and Elma to literally every important mission.

Yeah, exactly. Even X forgets that has a 4-person party system.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1389444750785191936?s=20

Gamestop's got this game for half off as their deal of the day! Its a great deal for Americans in this thread who've been wanted to play the game for themselves but didn't want to put down full price!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So Xenoblade is just part Pikmin now then.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

So Xenoblade is just part Pikmin now then.

You have no idea how ridiculous it's going to get when we have all 12 of them running around behind us.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

You have no idea how ridiculousGlorious it's going to get when we have all 12 of them running around behind us.

Fixed that for you.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Controversial take but I don't really mind the nopon all that much.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sus

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Omobono posted:

For what it's worth, they're mostly silent during battle. No unending stream of meh meh meh.

That is saved for 2 with Tora and his constant Meh Meh Meeehhhh in every battle.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think I remember a Nopon in the village implying that they all talk the way to do to gently caress with people.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Honestly the worst part of the Nopon is that the Rikki is by far the best and no other Nopon has even come close to him. It doesn't help that the other Nopon party members in X and 2 are annoying as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Honestly the worst part of the Nopon is that the Rikki is by far the best and no other Nopon has even come close to him. It doesn't help that the other Nopon party members in X and 2 are annoying as gently caress.

Kino and Nene are pretty worthy successors, I think. Once you get over the hump of their intro they're pretty adorable all told.