Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

nine-gear crow posted:

Kino and Nene are pretty worthy successors, I think. Once you get over the hump of their intro they're pretty adorable all told.

Oh yes I agree. For some reason I just forgot about them but Kino and Nene are great and hopefully Monolith has learned how to make good Nopon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Hey! Tatsu's great........

as a side dish.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I wouldn't have minded Tatsu as food joke if it wasen't made in every conversation with the guy.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I maintain that the problems with Tatsu weren't Tatsu's fault. That was all Lin. Lin is the one who keeps joking about cooking Tatsu. Without her around to drive that poo poo into the ground every chapter, Tatsu is just a harmless taglong.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
What the gently caress is a tatsu?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The nopon party member* in Xenoblade X.

*not actually a party member unlike Riki (1) and Tora (2) but close enough

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Tatsu isn't a what, it's a who.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Delicious

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theres a video desync around 13 minutes in
e: and resyncs again after a while

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 11, 2021

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

:sigh:

I think YouTube's player or encoder's really loving with my uploads at this point. My source file sounds fine to me, as does the uploaded file when I try in 1080p and 720p.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
There is indeed an animal on Earth where a group of them is called "an inconvenience of...". They're a kind of species of rodent, discovered in 1884 by the famed French zoologist Jacques Bureauc. He named them after himself: the Bureauc Rat.

I appreciated that Melia attempted to Starlight Kick Setset right off the shoulder.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 12, 2021

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I continue to love Melia practicing her dropkicks during casual conversations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I found the Poroporo's Favorite up on the cliffs but I'll be damned if I remember how. It was the last one I got. I must have jumped down to it from above.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I can think of a couple games that let you toggle a visor in cutscenes:

Wonderful 101 let you take a character's mask on and off by pushing a button, and in the Wii U Bayonetta, if you wore the Samus costume you could lift and lower the visor during cutscenes.

It was very silly.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I can think of a couple games that let you toggle a visor in cutscenes:

Wonderful 101 let you take a character's mask on and off by pushing a button, and in the Wii U Bayonetta, if you wore the Samus costume you could lift and lower the visor during cutscenes.

It was very silly.

It was the Samus costume I was thinking of, thanks!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Is the game really operating on the assumption that Gael'gar doesn't know Melia and Shulk are barely a year removed from telling God to gently caress off and die? Because if so, then I cannot wait to see how he loses his poo poo when we gently caress over his plans.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Am I the only one who can't keep the bad high entia straight in their head and spent most of episode wondering how the evil science lady survived?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

not much, what's a tatsu with you?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kibayasu posted:

Am I the only one who can't keep the bad high entia straight in their head and spent most of episode wondering how the evil science lady survived?

no. i've played the game and i STILL cant getem straight while watching this.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Blindsided Sally posted:

no. i've played the game and i STILL cant getem straight while watching this.

There's three of them that people get confused all the time:

Lorithia - Evil Science Lady, Zanza disciple, merged with Kallian's Telethia as part of a weird sex thing/sick burn on Melia, got rekt and died inside the Bionis Heart.

Yumea - Emperor Sorean's consort, Tyrea's mom, Melia's kind of step-mom-ish, head of the Inquistors, sicced Tyrea on Melia in the Ancestor's Tomb in Alcamonth, just kind of stopped mattering to the plot after that point, turned into a Telethia and is the subject of an endgame sidequest

Tyrea - Melia's half-ish sister (maybe?), tried to kill her in the Ancestor's Tomb but then hosed off, not seen again if you don't do her side quest at the end of the game, did NOT become a Telethia because she's also a half-Homs, is one of the main plot characters of Future Connected because she's basically the only non-party member left alive from the base game who knows Melia.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Pretty much all I know about wrestling I learned from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA

It heavily features Triple H, so I wonder if one or more of you had watched it before recording. That's what immediately leapt to my mind, anyway.

Regardless, it's a good primer on the WWE and how wacky it gets.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is amazing and always will be

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kind of surprised the big ponspector gathering was not fully voiced, what with how it got a full cutscene and everything.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The one thing the ponspector attacks are missing are musical bits for each one.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

You guys stop being so mean to Kino. Kino is a good boy who tries very hard. :colbert:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*Quietly points the finger at Chaos, who does his damnedest to not show Kino in a positive light*

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
And just like that... it's done. Well, not done for you people I mean, but for us... freedom.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Whaddaya mean "us"? I still gotta put everything together!

Also I just wanna point out that Definitive Edition's one year anniversary is in two days' time.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

nine-gear crow posted:

And just like that... it's done. Well, not done for you people I mean, but for us... freedom.

Until the next game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Also, Artix has two of you on for his Tokyo Xanadu LP. Unless he ropes Jobbo into pitching in, that is.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I didn't notice that new fight music before either, that's a jazzy little tune.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So...anyone want to explain why Gael'gar got the sad and depressing boss battle theme? Because he sure has done nothing to deserve that music.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

So...anyone want to explain why Gael'gar got the sad and depressing boss battle theme? Because he sure has done nothing to deserve that music.

Everything about Gael'gar is a weird worthless wet fart that is a giant, pointless waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I feel like this extra content is just spinning its wheels, like Shulk has no real reason to be here beyond transporting Melia to the Bionis Shoulder and the Nopon twins also don't really have anything to do.

All of this was also created after XBC2 and I've just done a playthrough of that and this is quite the step-down compared to the madness that happens over in Alrest.