Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I love this game so much. I hope this is the LP that finally breaks the curse and gets finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The only problem I have with Monado Enchant is that it means you have to be controlling Shulk when you fight Mechon because the ai is not reliable at using it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It might just be me then but a lot of the time Shulk straight up would not use enchant when fighting Mechon. Or maybe I'm just misremembering I haven't played the game in years.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I feel like I'm in the minority here but I really like the new arrangements. I don't think they're better than the original, but I feel like they stand out in their own.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Crystalgate posted:

I think this edition allows you to remove or mitigate that mechanic though.

The DE made it so you can lower your level whenever you want.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The mines are honestly my least favorite part of the game. Even on replays that place is such a slog and the music sucks too. At least you get Dunban right after so it's all uphill from here.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Why even use Sharla when you can use characters that aren't Sharla?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

RareAcumen posted:

How am I supposed to raise her affinity with everyone if I don't ever use her in battle?

A lot of Fruit.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

If they didn't want to be killed en masse they shouldn't have rare drops. :shrug:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I always liked how Cheryl's son's knife is found by the pond. Yea he died but at least he died somewhere really pretty. :gbsmith:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The Nopon know all the secret tunnels and little pathways that the Homs could never use.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Melis sucks when you get her because so many of her best Arts are locked until she levels up a bunch.

So some people just don't bother to ever actually use her. Couple that with the worst AI in the entire game you got a character thats pretty underused.

When she does get her best Arts though... Hoo Boy.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Really any party composition will work, but Melia struggles early game and any Party with Melia and Sharla together will struggle to deal any damage at all.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 25, 2020

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The best character in the game has finally arrived.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It's a shame that other Nopon in the series has managed to live up to Riki.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Weeble posted:

Hot take: Riki's okay.

I'm not taking that back.

:colbert:

Mods!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Part of the reason Melia is so good is that her Bursts count as a Neutral Art for Chain Attacking. So you can use her in pretty much any Party Combo and it will be fine. Obviously some parties are still better than others.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Ereyth Sea could have used a few more Fast Travel Points. As it is, it's a bit of pain to travel through. Especially doing quests.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Always hated this dungeon. The climbing is so slow and there's a lot of it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

That seems to be a thing with Japanese games.

Want to know the backstory of an important NPC? Better watch the Japanese only stage play!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

While the actual church might be benevolent, there's usually also an evil cult or something that worships a dark god.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Thanks Yoko, for having exactly one style of sound.

It's a drat good sound to be fair.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

White Coke posted:

Does Brog mean Big Frog?

I assumed it was Bog Frog.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Xenoblades world is so freaking weird I love it so much.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

stryth posted:

But Zanza didn't give Shulk the power to kill god, he gave Shulk the power to kill Homs. Zanza gave us the power of MURDER.

There are plenty of Homs that deserve what is coming.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Nopon don't get human rights.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Playing Xenoblade 2 alongside Chuggaconroy's lp has made it much more enjoyable. He does a very good job explaining it's systems.

It doesn't really save the game for me because I still hate the gacha system with a passion but it is easier to get into.

The DLC is fantastic though. Probably the most fun I've ever had playing a Xeno game. And the music obviously is fantastic.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Controversial take but I don't really mind the nopon all that much.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Honestly the worst part of the Nopon is that the Rikki is by far the best and no other Nopon has even come close to him. It doesn't help that the other Nopon party members in X and 2 are annoying as gently caress.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

nine-gear crow posted:

Kino and Nene are pretty worthy successors, I think. Once you get over the hump of their intro they're pretty adorable all told.

Oh yes I agree. For some reason I just forgot about them but Kino and Nene are great and hopefully Monolith has learned how to make good Nopon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What the gently caress is a tatsu?

Delicious