Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Good. It's a banger of a good idea that deserves to be done right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QCIC
Feb 10, 2011

die Stimme der Energie
The commissioner is doing a great job.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Firefighters got a lot of help from Blessings for next season. I gotta say the dimensional tear over LA might cause some issues.

Hopefully we're back next week, but they've put together a hell of an interactive system and understandingly need some rest. And of course, the commissioner is doing a great job.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Chicago Firefighters got a Firetruck for a pitcher and our hitters improved immensely.

:feelsgood: WAFC

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

What happened to the Tacos is loving hilarious

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Congrats comrades, I had all my money redistributed. (Just over 10K got me into the top 1%, which I didn't expect myself to be close. Probably a lesson in that.)

My Jazz Hands got some buffs, though, so I should bounce back OK.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'm honestly curious how much the 1% had altogether, or, conversely, how many 99%ers there are. Not that itatyers or anything, I'm just interested in what could have been had we voted for something else, since everyone got all of not-quite two votes' worth of coin with what we had.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I feel like anybody that had been hoarding wealth for multiple seasons could just dump all of their money in peanuts/votes and secure their wealth anyway. Unless votes have to be spent during the season you buy them? I just started a few days ago so I'm still getting caught up on a lot.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'd also assume that unless you are trying to hoard coins for some future expense (like one million peanuts), there's a theoretical maximum that anyone needs depending on your risk tolerance. Assuming 8000 coins bet per hour, what's your preferred multiplier? 1.5x? 2x? More?

Of course, you can always quickly liquidate it should an Eat the Rich pop up again.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was at 0 at noon Friday with a few thousand in bets floating. Was over 10k after the championship then totally forgot to spend any of it, busy doing family stuff.

I just upped my max to 500, then max bet every game over 60%.

Once I get a bankroll again I'll push it up to 1k.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

I'm honestly curious how much the 1% had altogether, or, conversely, how many 99%ers there are. Not that itatyers or anything, I'm just interested in what could have been had we voted for something else, since everyone got all of not-quite two votes' worth of coin with what we had.

The 99% got 193 each so that means the average 1% had 99 times that, or 19,107.

People in the discord were saying they got clipped with as low as 8k~ so who knows how much the richest of the rich lost.

I got my maxbet as high it goes (800), was doing maxbets on literally every favourite, and peaked at around 40k coins before I dumped all but 2000 into maxing out passive income (60), votes and a couple buckets of peanuts.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Have detailed player stats always been in the game and I didn't notice? If you click on them in the roster.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Tender Bender posted:

Have detailed player stats always been in the game and I didn't notice? If you click on them in the roster.

That's new. A result of the "Interviews" edict.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
What happened to the Tacos' roster? It's all the same person...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

WhiteHowler posted:

They're looking into the Incident over Los Angeles.

The Commissioner is Doing a Great Job.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

That's new. A result of the "Interviews" edict.

Ahhh, cool. Man this game rocks.

WhiteHowler posted:

The Microphone Lifts
ERROR: The Grand Unslam Weakened the Bridge
Spacetime Tears over Los Angeles
The Infinite cit(ies) shine
Platonic Form corrupted
You've looked too close...

The LA Tacos are now the Unlimited Tacos, as a result of LA becoming infinite cities. All their players seem to be infinite versions of the same person now.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the last stat: 'Soulscream'

:stare::stare::stare:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

We have developments in Infinite Angeles...

https://twitter.com/blaseballcomms/status/1293642987717574656

...various codes for team members later...

https://twitter.com/blaseballcomms/status/1293659805886951424

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tacos are getting de-Masoned, perhaps a little TOO de-Masoned?

Before

edit:

After

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 12, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Huxley posted:

I just upped my max to 500, then max bet every game over 60%.
Is this the move? I had gotten my max bet up to 200 and was betting all the favorites but found my bankroll fluctuated wildly.

I made a second account and instead prioritized passive income for a good team on that one.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Is this the move? I had gotten my max bet up to 200 and was betting all the favorites but found my bankroll fluctuated wildly.

I made a second account and instead prioritized passive income for a good team on that one.

i did this and just max bet from the best odds to the worst, and when i ran out of coins i'd beg for more and keep betting. if you're not begbetting every hour, raise the max and keep going. by the end of the week i had gotten the maxbet maxed out completely and had like 40k coins

get your passive up to like 20 or 30 payout but after that it gets more expensive than it's worth short term. if the team you pick wins like 60 games a season then you're paying [whatever the upgrade cost is] to get 1 extra coin a week

oh also betting on your own team was bugged and sometimes wouldn't payout, and/or wouldn't payout your passive at random, so i'd never bet on my own team (betting against them still worked though)

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Wow I'm a Pies fan but you best believe I'll be cheering for NaN every time they go up to bat.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Postman posted:

Wow I'm a Pies fan but you best believe I'll be cheering for NaN every time they go up to bat.

Good news! NaN's in the other league so Pies will probably never play against them

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

One more week of Dev time.

https://twitter.com/blaseballcomms/status/1294693493445554176?s=19

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Patreons were just alerted to the existence of Blagonballs, so time to strap the gently caress in.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

harperdc posted:

Patreons were just alerted to the existence of Blagonballs, so time to strap the gently caress in.

it's a public post, so anyone can look at it!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/blagonball-40645064

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
please don't look at my blagonballs

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

There's a new weather type: Feedback.

And then this happened:

https://twitter.com/blaseballcomms/status/1297978522162434048

(NO PAULA NOOOOOOOOO)

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Jesus this is addictive. I really want the Tacos to get good, if I were to vote for a blessing or something at the end of the season, I wonder which would be most advantageous for them.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

i did this and just max bet from the best odds to the worst, and when i ran out of coins i'd beg for more and keep betting. if you're not begbetting every hour, raise the max and keep going. by the end of the week i had gotten the maxbet maxed out completely and had like 40k coins
I did this and was able to max out my max bet by this morning.

I made a bunch of money and bought 1000 peanuts in an effort to Do My Part towards the million peanut consumption metagoal people seem to think exists, but turns out this squirrel won't eat peanuts automatically he just lets me eat 2 at a time. Sorta anticlimactic.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 26, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

I did this and was able to max out my max bet by this morning.

I made a bunch of money and bought 1000 peanuts in an effort to Do My Part towards the million peanut consumption metagoal people seem to think exists, but turns out this squirrel won't eat peanuts automatically he just lets me eat 2 at a time. Sorta anticlimactic.

There was a thing in The Book that said eating a million peanuts would Do A Thing but after the peanut hacking it changed to this

(STRIKE ONE was opening The Book in the first place)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

good to know, i'll spend my hoard on votes and votes alone in the future

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

InnercityGriot posted:

Jesus this is addictive. I really want the Tacos to get good, if I were to vote for a blessing or something at the end of the season, I wonder which would be most advantageous for them.

Best recommendation for now is to go on the Discord and join the Tacos channels. There you can see what the fans are prioritizing for the Elections.

However, it's probably best to focus on boosting your max bet until you can put down 800 on a game. Once you are that point the rest can be funneled into votes. That's what I did, I started late Thursday night in Season 3 and hit max this afternoon. (I also bought 1k peanuts.)

The Postman
May 12, 2007

What amazing news to wake up to. Jessica Telephone came back to my beloved Pies during Feedback as we shamed the Tigers.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Postman posted:

What amazing news to wake up to. Jessica Telephone came back to my beloved Pies during Feedback as we shamed the Tigers.

!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1298584896076525568

Wowwwww

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Holy poo poo the most amazing coincidence. (Or is it??? :tinfoil: )

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

A Millenial hit a single and then stole every base in succession and this happened

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1298647401742217216

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I saw this shared in the Discord recently and found it to be helpful to managing monitor space. It displays the games in 2 rows of 5, and rearranges them nicely as I play around with the window size/zoom.

https://holmesmr.github.io/Blaseball-Userstyles/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
if you bet against your favorite team when they're disfavored in a game you're a cop. sorry i don't make the rules